Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLOOR THICKNESS

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1326 Views, 6 Replies

FLOOR THICKNESS

Hi,
I was wondering if there is a way to set the floor thickness of your structures to 0. In addition is there a way to draw make a block of your own structures and insert them into your parts list?
Any help is appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nzeeben
in reply to: Anonymous

You should be able to adjust floorthickness inside of partbuilder. See the readme file for what limited documentation is provided. Be very careful you probably want to backup your catalogs first. You insert a block at either the rim or sump in the structure style. If you want to make your own part that can be done in partbuilder as well, but the docs just arent out there.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I went through pretty much the same thing.

Us this to do a search and see if this helps you: "How do I create a block for a Sewer Manhole"
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Just did this today. As Nick says: do it via the PartBuilder, back up the entire Pipe Catalog folder before starting. Once you;re in there, you can add a floor thickness value (FTH) to the stock thicknesses. Note that any new value you add will appear at the END of the list, not in the correct numerical order.

Mark Scacco
Message 5 of 7
F.Camargo
in reply to: nzeeben

@nzeeben wrote:
You should be able to adjust floorthickness inside of partbuilder. See the readme file for what limited documentation is provided. Be very careful you probably want to backup your catalogs first. You insert a block at either the rim or sump in the structure style. If you want to make your own part that can be done in partbuilder as well, but the docs just arent out there.

Hi,

I wanna set the floorthickness to zero too. But In the part list document I can't change the value, it is a constant.

So Do I have to create my own part list, because I can't change the florthickness?

I don't know how to do that...

Anybody Could help me out, please?

Regards

Message 6 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: F.Camargo

@F.Camargo ,

Please start a new Post when asking for help, as you'll get more responses than replying to a 10 year old thread.

We leave the Floor thickness displaying the actual thickness as the structures are a model and this helps to find pipe conflicts and such.

If you want to set the Floor Thickness to a zero thickness it must be done in Part Builder like in this Being Civil article.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 7
F.Camargo
in reply to: Jay_B

@Anonymous wrote:

@F.Camargo ,

Please start a new Post when asking for help, as you'll get more responses than replying to a 10 year old thread.

We leave the Floor thickness displaying the actual thickness as the structures are a model and this helps to find pipe conflicts and such.

If you want to set the Floor Thickness to a zero thickness it must be done in Part Builder like in this Being Civil article.

Thank you Jay.

I'll take a look in the article and if I have any doubt, I'll start a new post.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report