Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F1/HELP Brings up Wrong Help Documentation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
andram
329 Views, 4 Replies

F1/HELP Brings up Wrong Help Documentation

Everytime I want to bring up Help from Civil 3D (2014), I get the Raster Design 2014 Help documentation and not the Civil. I checked the Support File Search Path under Options, and it is referring to the correct path.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: andram

Perhap if you select a command in Civil 3D and at the same time press the F1 key, you can get this to work right.

Bill

Windows 7 x 64 Professional
Nvidia GeForce 9800 & 8500
12 GB Ram
i7 965 @ 3.20 GHz
Corsair Force 240 GB SSD
Infrastructure Suite 2014

Message 3 of 5
andram

Unfortunately, that doesn't work. I tried it, but I get a page that says "The Page You Were Looking for Was Not Found". I know it's there, because I was able to open the correct index.html file in c:\program files\autodesk\autodesk autocad civil 3d 2014\help.

Also, if I don't know the specific command, I need to have the right help document. For example, I discovered the problem when I needed to know how to convert a 3D polyline to a 2D polyline. That capability isn't available in Raster Design, so I had to go to Autodesk's Knowledge Base or open the help files through Windows Explorer to find it. I don't want to have to do that every time.

Message 4 of 5
wfberry

Until something better comes along, go to the ... help where you were before, drag it to the desktop.

bill

Message 5 of 5
andram
in reply to: wfberry

It's not quite a "solution," but because of other issues with AutoCAD (such as errors during EXPORTTOAUTOCAD), I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the program. It now works peachy (including export).

Thanks for your suggestions, Bill.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report