Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extrude preview

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
MLopezM
483 Views, 5 Replies

Extrude preview

I'm trying to extrude a series of 3D faces, a very large series, over 200,000 3D faces. I´ve done this before only it was not on so many faces as I can select only like 3,000 faces aprox at any one time or the computer crashes.

I think this problem could be solved, or at least I could save some time, if the extruding preview could be turned off. By extruding preview I mean that when I enter the extrude command and select the objects to extrude, then immediatly there's a preview of what the objects would look like once they're extruded and that's what's causing the delay and the crashes.

Is there any way this could be turned off?

I've attached an image in case I didn't explain myself.

Thank you and I'm sorry if this post is not in the right place.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
troma
in reply to: MLopezM

Maybe somewhere over here you can find more answers:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD/ct-p/8

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 6
tcorey

Try the attached lisp routine. This will make a selection set of your 3dFaces, ask for an extrusion height and will go through and individually extrude the faces. It can take a long time, so be patient.

I changed the .lsp file to .txt so that I could post here. You will need to change the file extension back to .lsp to make it loadable in AutoCAD.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 6
MLopezM
in reply to: tcorey

Whoa! thanks, only I need to extrude in the Z direction, 300 meters down. i. e. from (0,0,0) to (0,0,-300).

Thanks for replying
Message 5 of 6
antoniovinci

Well, if your goal is to solidify-and-extrude a surface, you'd better start from here...

Message 6 of 6
MLopezM
in reply to: antoniovinci

Yeah that's exactly what I want to do, but I don't know what to do after creating the 3dmesh.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report