AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Distinguished Contributor
GreeneSWCD
Message 1 of 4 (148 Views)
Accepted Solution

Extracting Cross Sections help

148 Views, 3 Replies
11-28-2012 06:05 AM

I have an alignment going up the center of a draw.  I'd like to extract cross sections of this alignment and existing ground.  What is a good way to do this? 

I don't do cross sections very often, so when I need one, I draw a second alignment perpendicular to the first and profile that alignment to give me a bare bones cross section.  I'd like to do these cross sections on a given interval, and at every change in direction.  How should I go about it? 

Thanks.

Valued Contributor
bo.martin
Message 2 of 4 (145 Views)

Re: Extracting Cross Sections help

11-28-2012 06:19 AM in reply to: GreeneSWCD

My method....

I chose these from the menu bar, So be sure to have it turned on.

Create a profile 1st.

Sections>Create Sample Lines

Sections>Create Section View

Hopefully you have a Style created.

Good Luck,

Bo

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 3 of 4 (130 Views)

11-28-2012 07:08 AM in reply to: bo.martin

In the create sample lines command there are options to create by station; where you click the location or type the station, or to create by range; where you set the start point, end point and the interval.

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

Distinguished Contributor
GreeneSWCD
Message 4 of 4 (127 Views)

11-28-2012 07:11 AM in reply to: troma

I'm getting there, thanks guys. 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs