AutoCAD Civil 3D General

jmaceachern
Message 1 of 4 (330 Views)
Accepted Solution

Extract elevations from survey drawing

330 Views, 3 Replies
09-24-2012 12:40 PM

Hi, I've been sent a survey drawing with elevations. The format is a block, but it's not a named block. Each entity has it's own block name. So, I'm having trouble getting at the elevations. I can't seem to export and get the elevation or Postion Z.

I've tried exploding these blocks, but all I get is a couple of polylines, and some text. Useless. 

Any ideas? 

I've attached a sample drawing with a couple of these points.

Any help greatly appreciated! -jm

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 2 of 4 (327 Views)

Re: Extract elevations from survey drawing

09-24-2012 12:49 PM in reply to: jmaceachern

I wrote this for someone else recently and it seemed to do the trick. You are welcome to give it a shot.

Load the lisp, run the command "anon2pointblocks" which will create blocks which mimic the old Softdesk point block. You can then use the C3D command to Replace Softdesk Point Blocks.

I didn't test your drawing, as I don't have much time right now. If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll try to get something working this evening.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
jmaceachern
Message 3 of 4 (318 Views)

09-24-2012 01:34 PM in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff, that worked like a charm. I'm curious what software generated that original format, I'll have to do some inquiries, so I won't run into this issue agin.

Thanks so much! 

-jason m.

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 4 of 4 (310 Views)

09-24-2012 01:45 PM in reply to: jmaceachern

The original most likely came from Civil3D exported to Autocad, which is what needs to be done when saving back to an older format.

If you find a response which answers your question, please be sure to accept the actual post which helped you as the solution. This will help future searchers quickly find answers to their own questions. Thanks!

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs