Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending Pipes to Structure Symbol

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kolk
923 Views, 5 Replies

Extending Pipes to Structure Symbol

We've had a little nagging problem that we've just been living with, but getting a little tired of it: when building a pipe network the plotted line will stop plotting at the outter wall of the structure, thus leaviung a gap between the pipe and the structure.  On a 48" manhole it's hardly noticable, but when the manhole gets larger, so does the problem.  Check out the attached pdf and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I've been through all the style setting I can think of, but I thought there might be a variable to take care of it...like the FACETDEV variable for crossing pipe.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kris

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rhouze
in reply to: kolk

In the structure style for the manhole on the plan tab there is a toggle to enable part masking.  Turn this off and the pipe will go to the center of the structure.  Is this what you want it to do?

Win 7 x 64 8GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M
Civil 3D 2011 SP2
Message 3 of 6
randyspear6624

did you ever get a solution? i have this issue in 2014.

Message 4 of 6
lsimms1
in reply to: randyspear6624

Instead of using the the generic plan symbol, create your own. turn off part masking in the style.

Other option could be to change the part properties to have a wall thickness of 0.001

This would depend on what you need to show in profiles and or sections etc.

Message 5 of 6
randyspear6624
in reply to: lsimms1

I would prefer plan structures drawn to scale too but unfortunately our client's standards are to show MH's all the same size in plan and the actual size in profile. I guess my work around is to use the _wipeout circle instead of their standard block with no pipe masking and just continually monitor the draw order of pipes and structures.

Too bad, we've been using this template for a few years and haven't run into this until 2014 (along with a number of other bugs).

Thanks 

Message 6 of 6
AntoninVojtesekV

If Audit does not help then you need to open Structure Properties window and to change the structure Sump Depth. Once you click ok, it will fix the problem. Then you can change the Sump Depth back to its original value. I think it is C3D bug.

If you want more details, you can look at this blog post:

https://www.devotechgroup.com/post/pipes-not-extending-to-the-structure-symbol

Technical Services Manager
Devotech Group of Companies
Devotech iDAS (Infrastructure Design Automation Suite)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report