Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend subassembly

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ModestasZ
794 Views, 5 Replies

Extend subassembly

I created one section with two assemblies. Main line assembly and offset (second line) assembly. Each assembly has its own alignment and profile.

In strait its all ok, but in curve I get strange situation, that I try to solve. (look to the picture)

I add Mark points on Point 1 and 3. Then connect them using Link Slopes Between Points. Knowing that Point 2 is not static, but moving point I can't find any way to connect subassembly edge point to that Point 2.

So how can I connect subassembly to Point 2?

Or maybe there is a smarter way to connect points 1 and 3. Slope from 1 to 2 should be 50:1 and from 2 to 3 should be 1.5:1

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sboon
in reply to: ModestasZ

The LinkSlopesBetweenPoints sub may be a solution.  Check the help file for more information.  For this situation set the ditch width to zero

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 6
ModestasZ
in reply to: sboon

I am already using LinkSlopesBetweenPoints, but if you look at Coding Diagram, Ditch point P3. How can I connect my subassembly point to ditch point P3?

Message 4 of 6
nilesh33

Hi,

I have defined custom subassembly in SAC 2013 for given conditions.

Please rename 'Extend.zip' to 'Extend.pkt' before importing to the Assembly Tool Palate by using 'Import Subassemblies' option.

You need to assign this subassembly in the centreline assembly not in offset. Then add offset and elevation targets from you existing corriodr (corridor without this condtion).

For any other help reply me.

Message 5 of 6
nilesh33

Hi,

Sorry, please ignore previous subassembly as elevation targets are named wrong.Use this one.

Message 6 of 6
ModestasZ

I think we misunderstood each other.

I add new picture.

I want to attach subassembly points 1 and 2 to LinkSlopeBetweenPoints slope node point 3 (marked in red)

Link Slope Between Points line is dinamic and must stay like that. Because slope node point is constanlty moving.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report