Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expression in structure labels for survey

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
415 Views, 5 Replies

Expression in structure labels for survey

I am trying to make a single point label style that will return a blank line in the label if no data is provided.

The way i have it coded now my label for a structure with only two inverts comes out looking like this:

STCB 500 Rim=300.00

12" CONC N IE=295.00

12" CONC S IE=296.00

IE=300.00

IE=300.00

I would like the number of lines returned to match the actual number of inverts in the structure and leave out the place holders.:

STCB 500 Rim=300.00

12" CONC N IE=295.00

12" CONC S IE=296.00

I can work around this by having a label style for each number of pipes, but i would also like this code to be inseted into a table style and in that case i don't know of any way to assign multiple styles to one table.

My current code looks like this:

RIM=<[Point Elevation(Uft|P2|RN|AP|GC|UN|Sn|OF)]>

<[1 SIZE(CP)]> <[1 TYPE(CP)]> <[1 DIR(CP)]> <[IE TEXT(CP)]><[1 INV(Uft|P2|RN|AP|GC|UN|Sn|OF)]>

<[2 SIZE(CP)]> <[2 TYPE(CP)]> <[2 DIR(CP)]> <[IE TEXT(CP)]><[2 INV(Uft|P2|RN|AP|GC|UN|Sn|OF)]>

<[3 SIZE(CP)]> <[3 TYPE(CP)]> <[3 DIR(CP)]> <[IE TEXT(CP)]><[3 INV(Uft|P2|RN|AP|GC|UN|Sn|OF)]>

<[4 SIZE(CP)]> <[4 TYPE(CP)]> <[4 DIR(CP)]> <[IE TEXT(CP)]><[4 INV(Uft|P2|RN|AP|GC|UN|Sn|OF)]>

LADDER <[LADDER(CP)]>

The problem is that 1 INV-4 INV are being defined by an expression that reads like

{Point Elevation}-{1 MD}

so when no data is intered for my UDP "1 MD"  it returns the point elevation. I want an equation that says if rpoitn elevation -measure down=point elevation then no data is shown.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
troma
in reply to: Anonymous

The only way I know would be to use a separate component for each invert. Then, for each one, you have an expression that you use to set the text height of that component. The expression does the test you explained:
if (rpoitn elevation -measure down=point elevation, 0, [text height] )

So the text height of that component will be set to zero when you don't want to see it.
I don't know how this will work in a table though.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: troma

Sorry, i do have the components separated in my point label styles as such:

component 1: STCB <[Point Number(GC|UN)]> RIM=<[Point Elevation(Uft|P2|RN|AP|GC|UN|Sn|OF)]>

component 2:<[1 SIZE(CP)]> <[1 TYPE(CP)]> <[1 DIR(CP)]> IE=<[1 INV(Uft|P2|RN|AP|GC|UN|Sn|OF)]>

component 3:<[2 SIZE(CP)]> <[2 TYPE(CP)]> <[2 DIR(CP)]> IE=<[2 INV(Uft|P2|RN|AP|GC|UN|Sn|OF)]>

I do however have them combined for the Table style so all the structure data shows up in one cell.

How exactly do i write the text size expression you are talking about? my current invert expression is

{Point Elevation}-{1 Measure Down}

Message 4 of 6
troma

IF({Point Elevation}-{1 Measure Down}={Point Elevation},0,xxx)

For xxx you need to enter your text height. Please note that this needs to be in modelspae units (metres or feet), not paperspace units (millimetres or inches).

Mark Green

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: troma

I must not be doing something correct because when I enter "IF({Point
Elevation}-{4 MD}={Point Elevation},0,xxx)" all it does is change
displayed invert to whatever number I have types in the XXX portion of
the expression

Tyler Duncan | Survey Technician

AHBL, Inc. TACOMA * SEATTLE * SPOKANE * TRI-CITIES

253.383.2422 TEL | 253.383.2572 FAX | www.ahbl.com
WEB

Civil Engineers * Structural Engineers * Landscape Architects *
Community Planners * Land Surveyors * Neighbors

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information contained in this email and any
files transmitted with it may contain confidential or privileged
information intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). If
you are not the intended recipient, please permanently delete the
original message and all attachments and notify the sender immediately.
> Please consider the environment before printing this email.
Message 6 of 6
troma

Sorry, I probably didn't explain myself clearly. You need to use this expression to control the text height, not the contents of the component. Use the same old expression you were using to set the contents.
In the text height box, you should be able to drop down and select this new expression. This way the text height is set by the results of one expression, but the contents set by the same old expression as it was.

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report