Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting to HEC RAS - backwards X-sections?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ccoles
2109 Views, 2 Replies

Exporting to HEC RAS - backwards X-sections?

We have a  stream survey for a project that we converted to C3D in order to use the HEC RAS export tool. This is so we don't spend a lot of hours hand inputting all this stream data into HEC RAS. The tool produced a .GEO file without a problem. But, the resulting cross-sectional information is backwards from how HEC RAS is supposed to work. According to my hydrologist, the cross-sections are supposed to read left-to-right as you look down-station (downstream). The HEC RAS export file shows the cross-sections as left-to-right looking up-station, as you normally would showing cross-sections on plan. I would have though the export tool would 'flip' the cross-section info around automatically, since this is the way that HEC RAS should work.

My hydrologist is a real stickler for details such as this. Is this the normal way for the HEC RAS export tool to work? Did I miss a step somewhere? I was able to produce the cross-sections in less than an hour, where hand-inputting would have taken at least 5 hours, if not more. But, this would be a deal-killer if we cannot get the data output to look correctly.

Thanks.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SethHall
in reply to: ccoles

Hi ccoles-

Please have a look at this thread as it may help in your situation: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-Stormwater/Export-to-HECRAS-tool-in-Civil-3D-2010/td-...

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 3
ccoles
in reply to: SethHall

Oops. Looks like I searched the wrong forum. Yeah, that thread explains a lot. Thanks.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report