Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting data to HEC-RAS Format

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
johnwilson0805
4807 Views, 9 Replies

Exporting data to HEC-RAS Format

I created a surface and a stream centerline alignment and ran cross sections to prepare to export to HEC-RAS.

I go to Output tab / Export panel / Export to HEC_RAS / and in the table It shows my surface (EG2) and

Site but when I click the alignment down arrow and it shows only "NONE". I selected the greem box to pick my

alignment and it apeared to pick it but it does'nt show my alignment called "CL CREEK"  in the dialog box.

And it is similar to my cross section options. I went ahead and tried to export it but my GEO file has zero bytes

Thanks John Wilson

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Neilw_05
in reply to: johnwilson0805

I suggest you search the news group on the topic. There are several posts about problems with this tool. I personally decided not to invest time trying to work through the problems.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 10
fcernst

Did you try playing with the Site dropdown. The Alignment may have been put in a Site that you didn't expect?

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 4 of 10
johnwilson0805
in reply to: fcernst

Thanks Fred for responding

My drawing has several sites. I went thru some of them but I'll go thru all.

Thanks again

John

Message 5 of 10
fcernst

Yes, make sure you look under <None> also there.

Many times Alignments are not placed under any Sites, so they don't interact with other objects.

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 6 of 10
2ndLt
in reply to: fcernst

Anybody knows how can I export a designed work (let's say a designed surface) for Hec-RAS (.geo format) Is it possible to do it or not, and if it is what are the steps?

I know how to export an EG to hec-ras! 

Message 7 of 10
BrianHailey
in reply to: 2ndLt

There's no difference between an EG surface and a Design surface in the eyes of Civil 3D. Just export the design the same way you would export the EG.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 8 of 10
2ndLt

OK, that's easy, but doesen't work. I mean, it doesent work to me, maybe I do some mistakes, I don't know. Tell me how you do it! Do you make form a coridor a new surface and then you export it to hec-ras or what?

Thank you for response

Message 9 of 10

Hi,

I am facing a problem while exporting CIvil 3d data to HEC RAS. First i created a surface by using the Google Earthextension. I defined the alignment. I defined the section lines. Under Export to HEC RAS tab i selected the surface, alignment & section line group. Initially after creating the .gro file and later importing it to HEC RAS i could clearly see the data as in the Civil 3d viewport. Now when i try to import HEC RAS shows an error saying that some of the sections are beyond reach extends. it also offers to remove georeferncing but if i do that the alignment is just a straight line with the cross sections. Moreover the direction is also flipped.

Also i wish to know how can one import an entire river network to HEC RAS. 

Message 10 of 10
estelarubin64
in reply to: 2ndLt

I am working on the finished surface created from the corridor.  When I tried to export to HEC-Ras, it doesn't have any points in it.  How can I do this?  I already made another sample lines just for the finished surface, still it didn't work?  I hope smebody can reply on query.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report