Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting corridor to LandXML

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
cad855
4495 Views, 13 Replies

Exporting corridor to LandXML

Does anybody know what happens when we try to export corridor to LandXML file? Do we get design cross sections that surveyors can import in the equipment? I need to export my cl alignment with the design cross sections.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
BrianHailey
in reply to: cad855

Have you tried it? When I exported the corridor from the tutorial file, I got a lot of the information you were asking for, plus more:

http://screencast.com/t/Q20JNaR0ERT

When you try it, I would recommend getting XML Notepad. It's a free download from Microsoft. You can get it here: 

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7973

It makes viewing XML files MUCH easier.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 14
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

What I find interesting is that you don't get the corridor itself upon import. My dwg doesn't have a SLG in it so I didn't check that, but I did get Corridor surfaces, alignments & profiles.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 4 of 14
cad855
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Thanks to both of you for your responses.

What I need is some way to export my road alignment with design cross sections (subgrade). It would be even better if I could find some way to preview these cross sections after export (some kind of window - LandXML viewer similar to preview/edit cross sections in C3D). This would allow me to check cross sections before giving them to surveyors.

Thank you

Message 5 of 14
cad855
in reply to: BrianHailey

Brian,

Thank you for your help. I have downloaded XML editor. If I try to export my design to landxml it shows all kinds of extra information. What I need is to find some way to export my road alignment, profile and design subgrade cross sections. Rest of the stuff is confusing for my surveyors. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

Thank you

Message 6 of 14
klugb

Importing into data collectors is a pretty broad topic. It depends on what software they have in the office, what software they have on the data collectors, what type of data collectors....

Have you tried the slope stake reports? I attached a PNG of the setting I used. I sampled the "Pave" and "Datum" links from my corridor. I also attached the exported report. It does categorize them by type, so all the "Pave" is together and the "Datum" is together.

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 7 of 14
neilyj666

All the information to recreate the corridor seems to be in the XML file - it just doesn't get recreated.

How then does one send a corridor created in 2013 to a user running an earlier version??

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 8 of 14
Adriano_cad
in reply to: neilyj666

Hi

The corridor is not exported even though you are using the same version of AutoCAD Civil 3D.

The data to recreate the corridor are in XML, but it is not recreated.

thank you

Adriano Oliveira
Diretor Soluções BIM MaxiCAD
MaxiCAD Soluções e Educação BIM.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

some text
Message 9 of 14
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

My thoughts exactly.  Also, if you think along those lines, when I import other LandXML items, such as alignments, profiles, points, I don't have to do anything to the "design" parameters of them to get what the initial intent was.  If I use that same thought process, there's no way to even import the data associated with the corridor and get the same designed corridor result.  The corridor essentially has to be rebuilt, totally defeating the purpose, IMHO.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 10 of 14
neilyj666

I guess that the corridor wouldn't be dynamic if it could be imported via XML as the assemblies would not be exported in the XML file but what is the point of having the export option in the first place??

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 14
joantopo

I have in the same situation.

Me can export Corridors to LandXML, but if we try to import them (Import LandXML) there isn´t the category "Corridor", so what we have to do?

If we copy/paste the corridors, then copy alignments,profiles,assemblies... it means, all the objects are dependents of the corridor.

I don´t like this way.

I would like, for example, export the regions settings, creating a new corridor and import it the regions settings.

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes
Message 12 of 14
neilyj666
in reply to: joantopo

If you have subscription then the GENIO export/import works quite well as an alternative to LandXML for corridors

EESignature

Message 13 of 14
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

OMG, I had no idea!  I learned something today!  Thanks!

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 14 of 14
neilyj666

No worries - but it is a great pity that you have to resort to what is basically a workaround to extract useful data from Civil 3D....and it's supposed to be the BIM future...?!?!?!

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report