Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Multiple Point Groups

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
wings1080
870 Views, 11 Replies

Exporting Multiple Point Groups

Hi, I have about 50 point groups that the client needs in an ENZ format, is it possible to export them all at once with the name of the point group being the name of the file?

if so, the more annoying part of this is that I actually have to make the ENZ file an ENZD file with the D being the name of the file for each point, if both of these things are possible and you can explain it to me in a way I understand you are guaranteed to go to heaven lol

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
_Hathaway
in reply to: wings1080

Whenever I have to export multiple point groups I make a new point group and then add the other point groups to it. It's not too painful. Not sure how you're going to handle your 'D' component though.
Message 3 of 12
wings1080
in reply to: _Hathaway

the client needs them separated by the name of each file so i'm not sure if that's still possible if i combining them all into one point group?

Message 4 of 12
_Hathaway

You need to change the 'D' component of each group prior to combining them using whatever method is most efficient for your needs.
Message 5 of 12
wings1080

is there a way to make the D component to be the name of the file?

Message 6 of 12
wings1080

correction - the name of the POINT GROUP, not file
Message 7 of 12
_Hathaway

Use the Override function within each point group. Granted you would have to do it manually but it wouldn't take too long.
Message 8 of 12
wings1080

please can you give me a little more instruction on that?  it would help alot ... on which tab?

Message 9 of 12
_Hathaway

R click on a point group name, select properties, then go to the Override tab, check the raw description box and then enter the point group name, apply. close.  Rinse and repeat for each group.

Message 10 of 12
wings1080

THANKS!  .... now another hurdle. I want to export as ENZD and that format is not available so I tried creating it and it saved it but it is not available when I go to export points, did I miss something?  just a little instruction on how to make a ENZD format so that it is selectable when i go to export points and you won't hear from me no mo (at least for today lol)

Message 11 of 12
wings1080

UGH, it never ends, I did what you said and tried exporting as PENZD for now and there is nothing in the D column?!
Message 12 of 12
troma

Don't forget that Excel (& probably OO Calc) can open .csv files.
This could be your easiest way to add the D column, delete the P, combine all of the point groups together and any other editing.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report