Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to Trimble GeoXH

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1113 Views, 7 Replies

Export to Trimble GeoXH

I am attempting to export a design drawing to my Trimble GeoXH.  I can't get this to work.  anyone have any suggestions?  I have installed the trimble link and have tried that.  It does not work. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: Anonymous

What file extension do you need to export to?

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 8
sboon

The GeoXH appears to be a mapping grade receiver.  Most of these GPS units can import data in gpx format, and many can use kml files also.  Check with your dealer or the manual, and then post here with details of what file you need to produce from C3D.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: sboon

DXF is acceptable but I am getting a error message when I import my exported file, invalid file type.  I am not sure where to go from here.

Message 5 of 8
ToddRogers-WPM

Go to your Home tab, Create Ground Data Panel.  Click the flyout for Create Ground Data and select Survey Data Collection Link.  Once opened, click Transfer>Send/Receive.  There you can select the Trimble Data Collector.

Todd Rogers
Message 6 of 8
sboon

Most of the devices which accept dxf files only work with the older dxf versions.  Try exporting again to an R12 or R14 dxf file and see if that works.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks I will try that. Kurt Reno, CCM Kurt.reno@ch2m.com Cell: 719-238-0790 Office: 720-286-0746 9189 South Jamaica Street Englewood, CO 80112-5964 [cid:531342923@01122009-208F]
Message 8 of 8
Murph_Map

If your dwg has Civil3D objects in it export to AutoCAD foramt first, then export that with Mapexport to shp format. Unless they changed in the past year the Trimble GeoXH can use shp files and are georeferanced a lot better than the DXF format and also can hold data/attributes.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report