AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
kentanner1346
Message 1 of 5 (617 Views)

Export to Google earth

617 Views, 4 Replies
05-13-2011 10:38 AM

I have a site plan that I have to place on Google earth, It is placed correctly in 'space' . However when I export to Google it does not place it correctly.. I would have thought it would have just coincidently went there somehow. Any help would be better than me just spinnin wheels

*Expert Elite*
BrianHailey
Message 2 of 5 (615 Views)

Re: Export to Google earth

05-13-2011 10:51 AM in reply to: kentanner1346

First thing I would do is double check the coordinate system you have assigned to your drawing. Are you positive your data and your drawing coordinate system match up?

Brian Hailey
CAD-1.com
My Blog
Active Contributor
kentanner1346
Message 3 of 5 (610 Views)

05-13-2011 11:06 AM in reply to: BrianHailey

I'm unsure how to respond..I recieved a survey from a outside surveyor with benchmarks in northing and easting labeled on each. I then start a new blank file and with the line command simply type in the easting by the northing seperated with a comma. then that sets the point. I check this with a site coordinate-lisp to verify my point matches the surveyor's benchmark..

Active Contributor
andy.manninen
Message 4 of 5 (608 Views)

05-13-2011 11:12 AM in reply to: kentanner1346

Your drawing is at coordinates but needs a coordinate system to place it on the earth.  Right click on your drawing name in the toolspace in the settings tab and choose drawing settings.  There you can set the coordinate system such as a state plane coordinate system or UTM or whatever the surveyor used.  Then when you export to Google earth it knows where on the globe to place the linework.

:Cheers:

Windows 7 x 64
12 GB Ram
Intel Xeon Quad 3.20 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Civil 3D 2011 V2
Active Contributor
kentanner1346
Message 5 of 5 (601 Views)

05-13-2011 11:30 AM in reply to: andy.manninen

thanks still not working but now i can get ahold of the surveyor.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs