Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to AutoCAD...

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
eladkcem
408 Views, 0 Replies

Export to AutoCAD...

Export Option A

File->Export->Export to AutoCAD->2010 Format...

(appears in command line as: _AecExportToAutoCAD2010)

vs

Export Option B

C3D Icon->Export->AutoCAD DWG->Export to AutoCAD 2010

(appears in command line as: _AecExportToAutoCAD

I had originally assumed that these were both the same command, and that I had just found two different ways to access it from the menu... but I'm starting to wonder if these are actually different routines... 

• Option A, when called from a layout, turns ON the grid view within the active viewport. Option B does not do this...

Any insight from the board on whether there are other differences between these two methods of "exporting to 2010" ...? Is it the same routine? I have a large set of C3D drawings that I will be converting into basic dwg elements (ie no C3D objects) and I'd like to make sure I have the best workflow figured out.

Other observations (true for both A & B):

• When run on a drawing with a data referenced surface, Options A& B will sometimes change the system variable lunits from 2 (decimal) to 4 (architectural)... (this was the issue I was encountering in my other post on this topic...)
  • When run from model space, profiles within profile views are converted from Civil3D objects to overly basic linework (hundreds of lines, instead of a few polylines). However, when run from a layout view, Both options (A & B) yield block references on an AecObjExplode layer...(which, when exploded still yields tons of lines not polylines...) (I have a feeling this is just a limitation of the software)
  • A drawing that includes a data referenced surface displayed as contours, becomes a set of contours (as lwpolylines) if you use A or B from model space. If you call the routine from a layout view, however, the surface ends up as a block reference on an AecObjExplode... layer. (One could of course, subsequently explode the block, and end up with lwpolylines, and then purge the block..)

I'm using C3D 2011 with SP1 and SP2.

thanks!

-d

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report