Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export subassemblies into Subassembly Composer?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
doni49
2106 Views, 5 Replies

Export subassemblies into Subassembly Composer?

I understand the procedure for IMPORTING a pkt file from SAC into C3D.  But is there a way to go the other direction?

I want to use certain SAs that come with OOB C3D -- but I want to customize them.

Of course I can recreate them -- but I'd rather not start from scratch (ESPECIALLY where it comes to the codes).

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: doni49

The stock sub assemblies that come with Civil 3D are written in a different code language and can not be opened in SAC.

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 6
doni49
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

I understood it was a different language -- that's why I was hoping I could export them.

But thanks anyway.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 6
mathewkol
in reply to: doni49

They can't be exported.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 6
opesch_
in reply to: mathewkol

Well,

I can understand that we cannot export to SAC some assemblies that were not made in SAC.
(they were probably programmed elsewhere as DLL and thus I find also stupid that ADESK do not provide those as "SAC compatible" OOTB samples.

but

Why can't we just edit in SAC Sub-assemblies that were made with SAC when we received them in a C3D file ????

We should just have to right-click them (in a palette if necessary) > "Save-as Pkt file" or just right-click them > "Edit" to open them in SAC !

To my knowledge, they are even't included when making an E-transmit ! 😞

Message 6 of 6
ian.philpott
in reply to: opesch_

Anything listed in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 20xx\enu\Imported Tools can be turned in to a .pkt. Open the folder of the object needed, and zip up the files then copy to another location.  Rename the .zip file to .pkt and bingo, it will open in SAC

Ian Philpott
Technical Associate (BIM Speciailist)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report