Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export in .stl

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
-Homer-
1854 Views, 8 Replies

Export in .stl

Hey guys,

i have a problem!

I drew a House with volum bodies and lines Autocad Civil 3D 2012. Somebody said autocad can´t export lines in .stl,

I need only volume bodies!

Is that right and how I have to precede?
Please use easy english words - Thanks a lot

Homer

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
antoniovinci
in reply to: -Homer-

Please zip the .DWG and attach here one of those "volume bodies", thx.

Message 3 of 9
-Homer-
in reply to: antoniovinci

Here is the .dwg as zip.

Can you convert the file as .stl for me?   😉

Message 4 of 9
antoniovinci

I'm sorry, my Map2006 cannot convert your thick 2D solids in true 3D solids (ready for _STLOUT command) so wait for answers from more advanced users, sir.

Message 5 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> my Map2006 cannot convert your thick 2D solids in true 3D solids (ready for _STLOUT command)

no difference from 2006 to 2013, becaues STL only can hold 3D-solids.

2D-solids with thickness, or any other of these objects:

can't be exported to an STL-file. You have to ask the company that created that drawing, if they can export it in anohter way (as I don't think that anyone works with "2D-solids with thickness" as default object for 3D-architecture.

The export-command tells you what objects are allowed:

Selected objects must be solids or watertight meshes (Ausgewählte Objekte müssen Volumenkörper oder dichte Netze sein).

Or you let us know what should be done with the data, maybe another export-format could be used.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 9

Hi,

one additional idea: this command may help in newer AutoCAD versions for some of the objects (e.g. for 2D-solids with thickness 😉 😞 _CONVTOSOLID.

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 9

alfred.neswadba wrote:

_CONVTOSOLID

Are you really sure, mein Herr?

Message 8 of 9

Hi,

>> Are you really sure, mein Herr?

Yes, I am. animierte smilies lachen grinsen happy freuen smilen witzig froh

Acad_ConvToSolid_2013_AN03.gif

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 9
godsheart

I am new to AutoCad  and I have a problem also with exporting to .stl to send to a 3D printing company to get a quote for a job.  I have the drawing in dwg and found the export command but when I go export it does not appear to take.  I think I may need to select all to export it but I cannot find that option.  I tried selecting the whole Layout with the curser and then exporting but still could not.   Someone else did the drawings we are trying to export but he also does not know how to export them.  Thank you for your replies. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report