Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Station Offset Of Points To An External File?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
elijahvoigt
1798 Views, 5 Replies

Export Station Offset Of Points To An External File?

Hello. I wanted to see if anyone knew of a way to export station-offset data of points relative to a specified alignment? Possibly to a csv. Thanks

Civil 3D 2014
i7-3930K Overclocked
32 GB Ram
Windows 7 Professional
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: elijahvoigt

I can get you started.

Bring up the "Create Points" dialog panel.

In the 3rd drop down menu, you have two alignment options, DIVIDE & MEASURE Alignment.  

Use the Measure and select (frequency you want, 25 or 50, etc.)  Remember to give it an even starting station or you will have a MESS!

Before you start trying out this process, save your file.  If you mess up it is a lot easier to  "not save" and re-start Civil 3D.

Also, under Create Points -> Points Creation you need to change PROMP FOR DESCRIPTIONS to Automatic-Object.

The last statement (above) I may be off on that but I have you in the right Church, maybe in the wrong pew.

Make sure you locate these points in an appropriate Point Group, then you can export them quite easily.

Bill

Windows 7 x 64 Professional
Nvidia GeForce 9800 & 8500
12 GB Ram
i7 965 @ 3.20 GHz
Corsair Force 240 GB SSD
Infrastructure Suite 2014 Premium SP1

Message 3 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: elijahvoigt

There is the "Station Offset to points" report in the Toolbox that should get you what you want.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 6
elijahvoigt
in reply to: Jeff_M

Just what I needed Jeff. Thank You!

Civil 3D 2014
i7-3930K Overclocked
32 GB Ram
Windows 7 Professional
Message 5 of 6
his_dudeness
in reply to: Jeff_M

Is it possible to edit the station offset report settings? I would like to include northing and easting. The report I create also includes a double description. It is displayed like this,  (DESCRIPTION)DESCRIPTION, I'm assuming that is the raw and full descriptions displayed. 

Message 6 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: his_dudeness

@his_dudeness the report is a .NET report, the source code is included with C3D so technically, yes, it can be modified. But, you would need to make the changes in the VB.NET source code and recompile the DLL.

If that isn't an option for you, you may want to consider 3rd party help. The DISPLAYPOINTS tool in the Sincpac can generate the desired report quite easily.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report