Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Map Feature to Shapefile

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
siroos.jafary
4087 Views, 9 Replies

Export Map Feature to Shapefile

GOOD DAY ALL,
I READ THE "EXPORTMAP FEATURE TO SHAPE FILE" POST BUT COULD NOT FIND THE ANSWER.
I HAVE THE SHAPE FILE WITH .PRJ, .DBF, .IDX, .SBN AND .SHX FILES. I JUST CONNECT THE .SHP FILE IN CIVIL 3D. THE OBJECTS IMPORTED ARE MAP FEATURES. I DID SOME EDITS AND ADD SOME NEW FEATURES. NOW I NEED TO MAKE THE NEW .SHP FILE AND RELATED FILES. COMMAND "MAPEXPORT" IS NOT WORKING. IN THE OTHER SIDE IF I USE COMMAND "MAPIMPOERT" INSTEAD OF CONNECTING THE .SHP FILE, HOW CAN I ADD NEW POLYLINES INSTEAD OF MAP FEATURES AND ASSIGN THE ATTRIBUTES TO THEM SUCH AS THE IMPORTED POLYLINES?
THANKS.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

siroos.jafary wrote:

COMMAND "MAPEXPORT" IS NOT WORKING

Would you please elaborate..?

Message 3 of 10

DEAR antoniovinci
I DO APPRECIATED YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE HELPING ME ALWAYS 😉
WHEN I USED "MAPEXPRT" TO MAKE THE .SHP FILE AND OPEN THE EXPORTED .SHP THERE WAS NOTING IN FILE. NO OBJECTS. BUT I TRIED EXPORT TO .SDF THE IMPORT THE .SDF AND EXPORT IT AGAIN TO .SHP.
IT SEEMS WORKING NOW. SO I THINK I'D SORT IT OUT. WHAT IS YOUR OPINION. AM I DOING THE CORRECT PROCEDURE?

Message 4 of 10
Murph_Map
in reply to: siroos.jafary

When you use the Data Connect to connect to the shp file you can edit and add new features with out doing anything else, the edits are add to the files as you work. It's just like adding new lines and circles to a dwg, there is no need to do a Mapexport.

If you use the Mapimport to import the shp file then you do need to use the mapexport to add any edits or new objects to the shp file. When you use the mapimport you need to create the Object Data from the shp attributtes, then if you create new objects you need to use the attach object data commands to attach the data to those objects. Also when you mapexport back to a shp file you need to select the object data as the attributtes.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 10
siroos.jafary
in reply to: Murph_Map

@  Murph

I DO LOVE TO WORK WITH THE CONNECTED .SHP INSTEAD OF "MAPIMPORT". BUT AT THE END I HAVE TO MAKE THE .SHP AFTER EDITING AND ADDING. SO I NEED TO EXPORT IT AS A .SHP.

Message 6 of 10

If you like working with the connected .shp's, you don't have to export them back out.  If you Check the Feature Out, it will write it to the .shp file.  You have to be in the Planning and Analysis workspace to do this if you don't know the command.

Todd Rogers
Message 7 of 10
rkmcswain

@siroos.jafary wrote:

@  @Murph_Map

I DO LOVE TO WORK WITH THE CONNECTED .SHP INSTEAD OF "MAPIMPORT". BUT AT THE END I HAVE TO MAKE THE .SHP AFTER EDITING AND ADDING. SO I NEED TO EXPORT IT AS A .SHP.

No, you don't. Read Murph's post again.

@Anonymous wrote:

When you use the Data Connect to connect to the shp file you can edit and add new features with out doing anything else, the edits are add to the files as you work.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 8 of 10

THANK YOU ALL, NOW I HAVE MY .SHP FILE AND I NEED TO EXPORT IT INTO GOOGLE EARTH. I USE "PUBLISHKML" WHICH IS NOT WORKS. SO i IMPORTED THE .SHP IN TO GIS AND THEN EXPORT AS .KML FILE BUT IT IS NOT FITTED IN RIGHT PLACE ON THE EARTH, I USED SOME ONLINE FILE CONVERTER BUT UNFORTUNATLEY IT IS NOT FITTED PROPERLY ON THE EARTH. I ATTACHED THE GOOGLE EARTH PHOTO.

Message 9 of 10
Murph_Map

@siroos.jafary wrote:

THANK YOU ALL, NOW I HAVE MY .SHP FILE AND I NEED TO EXPORT IT INTO GOOGLE EARTH. I USE "PUBLISHKML" WHICH IS NOT WORKS. SO i IMPORTED THE .SHP IN TO GIS AND THEN EXPORT AS .KML FILE BUT IT IS NOT FITTED IN RIGHT PLACE ON THE EARTH, I USED SOME ONLINE FILE CONVERTER BUT UNFORTUNATLEY IT IS NOT FITTED PROPERLY ON THE EARTH. I ATTACHED THE GOOGLE EARTH PHOTO.

The old PublishtoKML is part of the Google earth commands no longer available in current versions of AutoCAD. It also only worked with AutoCAD Enities, meaning it does not work with shp files connected with the data connect. There are a few shp to KML converters out there even in the open source programs you may want to try another conversion.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 10 of 10

I just used this website to convert the .shapefiles to .kml or .kmz. it is pretty awesome.
you must zip the .shp with all the .dbf, .prj ..... in 1 zip folder and drag it to the web site. after a while you can download the google file!

http://www.mapsdata.co.uk/online-file-converter/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report