Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exploding C3D objects for Record Drawings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
civman_daar
456 Views, 3 Replies

Exploding C3D objects for Record Drawings

C3D 2010

Win7 Professional

16M RAM

Friends,

I have to put out record drawings that contain C3D objects; Surfaces, Contour labels, Points and Point tables.

Many drawing Xrefs are nested.  I tried the Civil batch converter with xref binding turned off and objects set to explode, and I get error messages, and the task is never completed.  Is there a work around procedure to preserve the C3D information in each drawing?  Can points be exploded and retain their apperance?

Thanks for viewing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LeafRiders
in reply to: civman_daar

We've done this before as well, however we export to AutoCAD from our design file to create actual DWG files that are AutoCAD objects that are a true representation of the Civil Model, without any actual Civil objects in our drawings. From there if your XREFs are all relative path you should be able to package up your drawings folder and ship it off to your client. Good Luck!

Message 3 of 4

Try unlocking all the surfaces and points and making sure any layers with civil 3d objects on them are on, thawed and unlocked.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 4 of 4
troma
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

I was looking for a way to easily explode all the *U... blocks that you get from exploding C3D objects.  Check out the lisp routines that I was getting help with over on the lisp forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/New-LISP-user-simple-question/td-p/36...

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report