Message 1 of 4 (242 Views)

Exploding C3D objects for Record Drawings

242 Views, 3 Replies
11-07-2012 09:02 AM

C3D 2010

Win7 Professional

16M RAM

Friends,

I have to put out record drawings that contain C3D objects; Surfaces, Contour labels, Points and Point tables.

Many drawing Xrefs are nested.  I tried the Civil batch converter with xref binding turned off and objects set to explode, and I get error messages, and the task is never completed.  Is there a work around procedure to preserve the C3D information in each drawing?  Can points be exploded and retain their apperance?

Thanks for viewing

*Expert Elite*
LeafRiders
Message 2 of 4 (241 Views)

Re: Exploding C3D objects for Record Drawings

11-07-2012 09:06 AM in reply to: civman_daar

We've done this before as well, however we export to AutoCAD from our design file to create actual DWG files that are AutoCAD objects that are a true representation of the Civil Model, without any actual Civil objects in our drawings. From there if your XREFs are all relative path you should be able to package up your drawings folder and ship it off to your client. Good Luck!

Distinguished Mentor
andrewpuller3811
Message 3 of 4 (169 Views)

11-08-2012 05:46 PM in reply to: civman_daar

Try unlocking all the surfaces and points and making sure any layers with civil 3d objects on them are on, thawed and unlocked.

If this fixed your issue, click on "Accept as Solution"

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 2600 @ 3.40 GHz with 16GB Ram
Civil 3d 2013 64bit
*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 4 of 4 (150 Views)

11-09-2012 10:17 AM in reply to: andrewpuller3811

I was looking for a way to easily explode all the *U... blocks that you get from exploding C3D objects.  Check out the lisp routines that I was getting help with over on the lisp forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/New-LISP-user-simple-question/td-p/36...

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.