Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exploding Assemblies

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mliverin
250 Views, 1 Reply

Exploding Assemblies

Hi all, new here, but have a question on assemblies.

I created a few different assemblies for my corridor for a stream reconstruction project, but when I moved my subassembly, due to a change in the depth, the subassembly exploded and I have to grab the grips and move them back (see pic).

Has anyone see this or experienced the before? If so am I doing something wrong or is this a glitch?

Also, I would like to stop my corridor before each culvert and not have it contour through it, is there a way to do this without creating multiple surfaces, one for each reach?

Thanks

Mark

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: mliverin

If you right click while selecting a sub assembly does it say "Clear Offset in Assembly"? if so do that. I  think you are selecting more than one sub-assembly when moving it.

Not really sure why you are changing the depth this way, it may be better to insert a generic link with hidden links to control the depth instead. This way you won't get this happening.

To create the surface as stated you have two options. Create Hide Boundaries at the culverts or multiple surfaces (multiple differing Top Codes)

I would create the corridor, add sections before and after the culverts thendigitise the hide boundaries over the culverts then add these hide boundaries into the model.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report