Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exploded dimensions to associative

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ns11nick
1217 Views, 1 Reply

Exploded dimensions to associative

I am currently converting detail drawings to an updated style. all dimensions were created with dimassoc set @ 0. Now, I am setting the dimassoc to 2 and just redrawing the dimensions and text overriding what was the previous text.. Dimreassoc doesnt not work for this problem becase the dimensions are just lines, solid arrows, and text.

Is there a way to select the two extension lines, arrowsheads, and text and replace them with a assocative dimension and keep the existing text as a text override?

Is there a way to create a custom commad/ code that would do this,

select the left ext. line, select the right ext. line, select left and right arrows, select the text -- replace the lines and arrows with a dimmension in the same location and automatically haave the selected text override that new dimension.

It has been very time consuming deleteing each dimension and redrawing it -- any tips or sugggestions to speed this process up would be appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mathewkol
in reply to: ns11nick

• No, there is no built-in tool to convert exploded dims to associative dims.
  • Yes, it is possible to create code to automate this process, though I know of no such routine.  You'll have to search for one if nobody responds in kind here.  If you'd like I can create one for you.  Please contact me offline at my email address if you are interested.
    matt dot kolberg at cansel dot ca
  • I can't think of any way to expedite this process out of the box.  Unfortunately the extra time you're taking now was reserved for you when those dimensions were exploded (or created with the incorrect DIMASSOC  setting).

Good luck.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report