Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing elevation flag

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
dbanaszak
537 Views, 8 Replies

Existing elevation flag

When working in a drawing with a surface referenced there is usually a flag attached to the cursor that reveals the surface and the elevation of the spot the cursor is hovering over; mine has disappeared. How do I get it back? Thanx

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ccl_cad_manager
in reply to: dbanaszak

Open up the surface properties, on the information tab, lower left.  Is Show Tooltips checked?

MikeC

Civil 3D 2015, Win 7 64bit, 16 GB RAM, Dell M4600
''That's the way we've always done it'' is an excuse, not a reason.
Message 3 of 9
dbanaszak

I'm very new to this interface (used to be an ace at LDD) so you're going to have to walk me right into this one. If you give me click by click from the HOME tab I'd really appreciate it since I've only seen the TOOL TIPS box in the PREFERENCES dialog. Thanx

Message 4 of 9
ccl_cad_manager

Sure,

Click on your surface in the drawing area so that it's the only active object.
Right Click, Move your cursor down to Surface Properites

You'll get a dialog box with 4 tabs (Information, Definition, Anaylsis, Statistics) Click on Information

Lower Left Hand Corner there's two check boxes, one for tool tips, one for locking.  

Turn the Show Tooltips on.

(edited to add location)

MikeC

Civil 3D 2015, Win 7 64bit, 16 GB RAM, Dell M4600
''That's the way we've always done it'' is an excuse, not a reason.
Message 5 of 9
dbanaszak

Mike,

I usually get there THROUGH TOOLSPACE and then SURFACES then right clicking on the surface name then SURFACE PROPERTIES, so I know now where I needed to be. The Show tooltips button is checked.

I know I was seeing the tool tip in a drawing into which I had XREF'd the surface, but I'm not sure why the tool tip would disappear. Thanx

Message 6 of 9
Jay_B

Are the following variables all set as follows?

ROLLOVERTIPS=1

TOOLTIPS=1

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 9
troma

Also note the layer the surface is on needs to be thawed and turned on. If it is off the surface will usually still display, but the tooltips won't.
This could be layer C-TOPO or 0, or whatever you have it set to.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 8 of 9
dbanaszak

Jay,

ROLLOVERTIPS it was. In the master drawing that we XREF it was showing station information, while in my drawing that contains the master as an XREF it shows the surface and the elevations associated with it. What controls this? Thanx

Message 9 of 9
Jay_B

If you Dref your Alignment into the drawing not showing the stationing info, you will see it there in Rollovertip as well.

It must be able to read the alignment.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report