Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exisitng Cross Section Slope Labeling for Corridor

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sniff26
2429 Views, 6 Replies

Exisitng Cross Section Slope Labeling for Corridor

Can someone point me in a direction on how to have exisitng cross slopes display on a bank of corridor cross sections...I see lots of posts on this but I am having trouble finding the answer.  The link below from help

Add a section view grade label only adds "A" slope label.....I want all of them in all of my sections.

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2012/ENU/filesCTU/GUID-21890D53-6A5B-427F-88A0-EBD61C712EC-260.htm

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sniff26
in reply to: sniff26

i am using 2012

Message 3 of 7
Jeff_M

You can auto-label a section, but, it will label ALL segments. Normally the EG will have many segmentss due to a grade break is created at every point where the section crosses a TIN line.

Select a sectionview, either right click or from the ribbon select SectionViewGroup properties, On the Sections tab of the dialog that is displayed, click the <Edit..> in the Change Labels column for the EG sections. Choose a Labelset that labels just the segment slopes.

You should end up with something like this (my EG TIN is fairly dense, perhaps yours won't be too bad):

5-4-2012 6-32-19 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 7
sniff26
in reply to: Jeff_M

That is what I am after.   We just had a corridor resurveyed so the points and sections are pretty clean

Thanks

Message 5 of 7
Jeff_M

Glad I could help.

If you find a response which answers your question, please be sure to accept the actual post which helped you as the solution. This will help future searchers quickly find answers to their own questions. Thanks!

EESignature
Message 6 of 7
sniff26

For some reason our designer is having trouble with this....they are not displaying

Message 7 of 7
Jeff_M

I'd be happy to look at your drawing if you'd like. It is probably too big to post here, you can email me direct at jeffm AT quuxsoft DOT com

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report