Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Spreadsheet Description key transfer to Civil 3D

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1302 Views, 2 Replies

Excel Spreadsheet Description key transfer to Civil 3D

I am creating a template for my company with associated description keysets. The codes and attributes have already been created in an excel spreadsheet. Currently I am typing these all individually by hand but would like to import the excel data if possible.

Thanks,

Michael

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

You're doing the way I did it, I'm not aware of a means within Civil 3D to import a code list into a Description Key Set.

Here's an older related post, not sure if it will help any.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?111620-IMPORTING-DATA-INTO-A-DESCRIPTION-KEY-SET

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 3
KirkNoonan
in reply to: Anonymous

The only way I've found to import from a spreadsheet is to edit the descriptor database in a LDD project and import it that way. You will still be missing saeveral filelds which are in the C3D description key DB, but it is a good way to start. If you don't have any LDD projects floating around anywhere, let me know and I'll post one up. The file is (typically) located in the project directory under cogo\DescKey.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report