Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ex-Storm Pipe Network Structure Properties (EDIT???)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
clemay
781 Views, 8 Replies

Ex-Storm Pipe Network Structure Properties (EDIT???)

I am working on an existing storm sewer pipe network.  I have pipe sizes, types, length and invert elevation data.  And structure type with TC elevations and inverts.  My drawing consists of surfaces, alignments, parcels and all of your typical drainage survey data.

My task for now is to create an existing pipe network in the drawing from all of the given data.  I have started and placed 3 drop inlets with 2 pipes.  I have the rules set to 0, but I have them referencing alignments and surface data. 

So my problem is when I click on the structure to edit the structure propertis and change the "Insertion Rim Elevation" to what I believe is the same as TC (Top of Casting)....as soon as I hit apply, it changes to something other thsan the number I entered.  I have the Automatic Surface Adjustment set to False, so I am not real sure what to do. 

Any tips or good guides to go by when creating an existing network from given data and to edit the structure properly?

C3D 2016 SP3
DELL Precision T3600
Intel Xeon E5-1650 @ 3.20GHz
NVIDIA QUADRO 4000 Dual Monitor
32 GB RAM / Win7 Pro 64-bit
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: clemay

You should be able to change the AutomaticSurfaceAdjustment to false and add the new level in the Insertion Rim Elevation box.

You could try to dissasociate the structure from the surface and then the above.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 9
clemay
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

I disassociated the surface and still had the same issue.  I placed a pic of the section and some of the surrounding settings to see if there was something maybe in the way the actual structure I am using is effecting this?

C3D 2016 SP3
DELL Precision T3600
Message 4 of 9
Jay_B

Top of Casting elevation shown is 6.543.

What should it be?

What are the size of connected pipes?

It could be that there is not enough clearance from Top of Pipe to Top of castings using this particular structure at the desired build. If the entry is too shallow for the parameters it won't accept it unless some struc. part parameters are tweaked etc.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 9
clemay
in reply to: Jay_B

there is one pipe connected.  It is a 12" PVC.  I have the invert set on the pipe as 3.02'.  I am trying to set the TC to 4.32'.  But I am looking at some of the parameters and I will try and tweek them out.  Some sections will not let me edit them.  But I will play around and see what I come up with..or down with.....lol

Thanks for the help!

C3D 2016 SP3
DELL Precision T3600
Message 6 of 9
Jay_B

TC 4.32-3.02= 1.3 build. The Pipe alone takes up that amount in the parameters.

The structure has to be deeper than 1.3'.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 9
clemay

I see that my barrel pipe clearance is set to a constant value of 1.50.  I know that this the top of this pipe is less than a foot away from the surface...............due to erosion and surrounding issues.   But I can't change the value of it or place any form of calculation to the settings.  Not sure of a work-a-round.  Any tips?  I have close to 100 DI's with this particular scenario...

Robot Frustrated

C3D 2016 SP3
DELL Precision T3600
Message 8 of 9
clemay

this is existing data I am working with. So you think the drop inlet I created and used in my parts list needs to be updated?
C3D 2016 SP3
DELL Precision T3600
Message 9 of 9
clemay

I have a clip of the drop inlet properties and a clip of the plan view showing the data given.  The label data is of course from me and the data I placed a red square around is from the survey itself, as well as the 12" PVC annotation under the pipe I have placed in the network.

C3D 2016 SP3
DELL Precision T3600

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report