Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when closing Civil3D 2012

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
norms
266 Views, 4 Replies

Error when closing Civil3D 2012

Everytime I close Civil3D 2012 I get his error message:

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xc3c99d28 Exception at e0399b2h. 

I have sent the error report to Autodesk MANY times and never have had a reply.

Also, not sure if this is related or not but when I restart my CAD my Autop Snap Setting are always different.  Under Options the "Marker" and "Magnent" boxes are always unchecked and the Drafting Settings "Object Snap" boxes are never as I leave them. 

Has anyone had the same problems and if so how can I correct them.  I am on the latest service pack, and reciently upgraded work stations and am running Windows 7.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pgorman001
in reply to: norms

I have the exact same problem, down to a T.  including the autosnap setting and magnet and marker issues.

Running: Windows 7, SP1.   Civil3d 2012, SP4

Message 3 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: norms

The AUTOSNAP System Variable that controls the magnet, marker, etc. is stored in the registry (i.e.: your profile), so there must be some startup code running that is resetting this variable, -or- the setting is never being saved when AutoCAD is shut down.

You could check the value in REGEDIT after closing AutoCAD and compare it to the value after you open AutoCAD.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 5
pgorman001
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thank you for the response.  

It is my understanding (and I may be wildly wrong) that the settings are written to the registry during the shut down process.  So, I think the error is happening before the settings can be saved, or during the process and that is what is causing the error in the first place.  

Would a fresh install help?  This is a new work station (4 work days running) and I have had the issue from the beginning, but never with my old setup.  I have read in other posts that the issue 'fixes itself' after a month or so, but, with my limited knowledge, I find that hard to believe.

Thank you for any input you may have!

Message 5 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: pgorman001

pgorman wrote:

It is my understanding (and I may be wildly wrong) that the settings are written to the registry during the shut down process.

To the best of my knowledge, that is exactly how it works.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report