Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error performing edit, Pasting a voulume surface into a TIN surface

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sweeneypaul0
1156 Views, 3 Replies

Error performing edit, Pasting a voulume surface into a TIN surface

Hi All

I am receiving the following error message when trying to paste a volume surface created form peat probe depts and existing ground profile  into a newly created blank TIN surface 

"Error performing edit"

just for more information i am following the precedure documented here and am experiencing the problem in step 3 of the solution to the 

Creating Geological Surfaces from Probed Depth Values section. 

I am running Civil 2014. Any ideas on what i am doing wrong 

Regards 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
neilyj666
in reply to: sweeneypaul0

I use this technique regularly with no issues but without seeing the drawings it'll be difficult to say what is happening (or not).

Can you post the files?

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 4

I usually get the error when a surface becomes corrupt. If you do an audit you may see Civil 3D do some horrible operation to "fix" the surface or as I like to say "demolition it" with badness. The error in my experience comes from a corridor boundary that Civil 3D decides it doesn't like any more. Try removing it from the surface and try again. I've also suspected when a surface is pasted with the same named boundary causing these types of issues.

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 4 of 4
sweeneypaul0
in reply to: sweeneypaul0

Cheers for your responses guys i managed to repeat the process for another situation and it worked fine. Unfortunelty I have lost the original file i was working on so i cant quite confirm what was said was the solution. i did take on board teh points about the naming structure and the use of boundaries so perhaps these are significant points. Apologies for the delay.

Cheers 

"Wherever you go, there you are"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report