Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erasing Image when saving

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
james.hines613
421 Views, 8 Replies

Erasing Image when saving

I am working in AutoCAD Civil 3D as AutoCAD 2013. I have a drawing that has three images loaded in the drawing. 1 is a .jpg and 2 are .bmp's. When i click the save icon, type save, type saveas, type qs i get the attached pop up. It says it wants to delete one of the .bmp images. Please help.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
troma
in reply to: james.hines613

It doesn't say it wants to erase it, it says it has already been erased. Can you see the image in the drawing?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 9
pendean

Looks like you are running an addon or your save has been redefined to do a lot more.

F2 on your keyboard and see what else is going on after you type .QSAVE (yes there is a dot in the name of the command I want you to execute).
Message 4 of 9

if I click yes on the pop window, my image does disappear. If i click no, the image stays and dwg is saved. i just tried the .QSAVE and pressed F2. Attached is a screen shot of that dialog box.

Message 5 of 9

Also, I am not seeing this issue with any of my other drawings. Not sure if it is something in that particular dwg or what.

Message 6 of 9
troma

I have seen the message myself, but only when all instances of an image actually have been erased from the drawing.  The program recognizes that the attachment reference is likely no longer needed, and offers to detach it.  It seems in your case there is something wrong.

Have you tried:
Recover the drawing?
Audit the drawing?

Mark Green

Message 7 of 9
james.hines613
in reply to: troma

I have tried the audit....0 errors.....I just did a recover on the file. Once it finished and the drawing opened, the same Erasing Image box popped up. The recovery showed no errors also. Should I Etransmit and upload the zip file for review?

Message 8 of 9

I figured it out....someone had inserted the image as a block....sorry to waste time.

Message 9 of 9
troma

No problem. Thanks for posting the answer.

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report