AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Reply
*Burgasser, Drew
Message 1 of 4 (123 Views)

Erase surface object, undo, can't get it back

123 Views, 3 Replies
10-21-2003 08:32 AM
If I erase a surface object, and then type undo to get it back, it comes
back. But it no longer appears in the Prospector. It's there but it's not
there.

Not that I would make it a practice of erasing surfaces and typing undo to
get them back. But I'm sure I'll erase a surface by mistake.

Also, it looks like you can grab 3d polylines in addition to 2d polylines
when adding contour data - similar to Land Desktop. I like that option.

Sincerely,
Drew Burgasser
CAD Masters, Inc.
*S., Tim
Message 2 of 4 (123 Views)

Re: Erase surface object, undo, can't get it back

10-21-2003 09:51 PM in reply to: *Burgasser, Drew
"Drew Burgasser" wrote in message
news:710AA5FFD4BE2E9266BC86077EF63EF5@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
>
> Also, it looks like you can grab 3d polylines in addition to 2d polylines
> when adding contour data - similar to Land Desktop. I like that option.
>

In fact, a better option would be to have a standard weeding/supplementing
factor available for 3D polylines. That way you could pick both 3D's and
2D's without having to add vertices to the 3dpolyline.
How do you do Breaklines in Civil 3D? If it is the same as LDD, then you
could probably eliminate it if 3Dpoly's could be weeded and supplemented
like a contour.
Tim
*Sanders, Henry
Message 3 of 4 (123 Views)

Re: Erase surface object, undo, can't get it back

10-21-2003 10:53 PM in reply to: *Burgasser, Drew
Drew,
The Prospector Tree doesn't automatically refresh following the undo
command. Right click on the Drawing name and select Refresh. The surface
name should appear.
Thanks,
Henry
--
Henry Sanders
Autodesk ISD Civil Test Development
"Drew Burgasser" wrote in message
news:710AA5FFD4BE2E9266BC86077EF63EF5@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> If I erase a surface object, and then type undo to get it back, it comes
> back. But it no longer appears in the Prospector. It's there but it's
not
> there.
>
> Not that I would make it a practice of erasing surfaces and typing undo to
> get them back. But I'm sure I'll erase a surface by mistake.
>
> Also, it looks like you can grab 3d polylines in addition to 2d polylines
> when adding contour data - similar to Land Desktop. I like that option.
>
> Sincerely,
> Drew Burgasser
> CAD Masters, Inc.
>
>
*Burgasser, Drew
Message 4 of 4 (123 Views)

Re:

10-22-2003 12:37 AM in reply to: *Burgasser, Drew
Sure enough. Thanks.

"Henry Sanders" wrote in message
news:C777D44F1FB50E96E3D79B7241DAE58C@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Drew,
> The Prospector Tree doesn't automatically refresh following the undo
> command. Right click on the Drawing name and select Refresh. The surface
> name should appear.
> Thanks,
> Henry
> --
> Henry Sanders
> Autodesk ISD Civil Test Development
> "Drew Burgasser" wrote in message
> news:710AA5FFD4BE2E9266BC86077EF63EF5@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > If I erase a surface object, and then type undo to get it back, it
comes
> > back. But it no longer appears in the Prospector. It's there but it's
> not
> > there.
> >
> > Not that I would make it a practice of erasing surfaces and typing undo
to
> > get them back. But I'm sure I'll erase a surface by mistake.
> >
> > Also, it looks like you can grab 3d polylines in addition to 2d
polylines
> > when adding contour data - similar to Land Desktop. I like that option.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Drew Burgasser
> > CAD Masters, Inc.
> >
> >
>
>
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.