Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of alignment tick/label - tick and label end station?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1426 Views, 7 Replies

End of alignment tick/label - tick and label end station?

Ok, I see what they 'attempted' to do with this new piece of meddling, but I have a problem where my alignment ends at say 0+144 - it will then add a line/station label in the profile at 0+145. Problem is, now the text at 0+140 overlaps 0+145 - we find that 5m is too close for stationing (translation, we would manually set end stationing at 0+150).

This is the 'end' of the alignment, end of road - it isn't ideal to extend design information to greater than 0+145 so the end label is forced to 0+150.

It's been asked before, but why did they not have the insight to add a 'tick and label end station' checkbox, when they added a 'tick and label start station' checkbox??

Any way to work around this without having to draw design end of culdesac curb/sidewalk etc to extend my stationing? Keep in mind also, this means if you ended at 0+144 and kept the profile end at 0+145, the pvis/pvie labelling is now over the border line and it looks amateurish!

Suggestions?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tr4driver
in reply to: Anonymous

Very frustrating indeed, and it does not appear that this issue was addressed with SP2. 😞
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Hold the "ctrl" key, select single label, then the
delete key.  Only way I know.

Bill

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Ok,
I see what they 'attempted' to do with this new piece of meddling, but I have
a problem where my alignment ends at say 0+144 - it will then add a
line/station label in the profile at 0+145. Problem is, now the text at 0+140
overlaps 0+145 - we find that 5m is too close for stationing (translation, we
would manually set end stationing at 0+150). This is the 'end' of the
alignment, end of road - it isn't ideal to extend design information to
greater than 0+145 so the end label is forced to 0+150. It's been asked
before, but why did they not have the insight to add a 'tick and label end
station' checkbox, when they added a 'tick and label start station' checkbox??
Any way to work around this without having to draw design end of culdesac
curb/sidewalk etc to extend my stationing? Keep in mind also, this means if
you ended at 0+144 and kept the profile end at 0+145, the pvis/pvie labelling
is now over the border line and it looks amateurish!
Suggestions?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I don't seem to have that option (can't select just the one) - are you talking left click or right click? How about your user customization? Im in 2009 - you too?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I am talking about the Alignment label.  CTRL
key first, then the left mouse, this should select the ONE label.  Then
delete it.

Bill

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I
don't seem to have that option (can't select just the one) - are you talking
left click or right click? How about your user customization? Im in 2009 - you
too?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Sorry doesn't work for me (station labels at the bottom) - to select just selects all stations along the horizontal and delete doesn't do anything. Using ctrl does not pull up additional options in the property box like the slope text does for example.
Message 7 of 8
mspatz

CTRL + click doesn't work on the bands at the bottom (yet). Another possible solution is to go into "Profile Properties" and to the "Stations" tab. In there set manual stations and show a larger Profile View beyond your alignment.

It is still going to station right at the end of your alignment in the band but maybe it will help with that very end station.

I'm not sure if this is something you already did and were referencing to with the 0+150 bit...

mspatz, P.E.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

yes ms, that is what I meant with the 0+150 - we already manually extend the profiles (and was fine with doing that before the developers decided to mess things up) - we can probably deal with changing text size for anything say between 0+143 and 0+147 in this example (as those won't overlap on the whole number stationing of 0+140 and 0+150), but if the profile ends between 0+138 and 0+142, that's where overlap can't be resolved unless we try to be creative and change the master station label interval so it won't label at 0+140.

I threw in the comment to autocad wishes - perhaps they will hit a SP3...in the meantime, no easy way around from this amateurish look as shown

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report