Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevations change during insertion into drawing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dgc74
423 Views, 4 Replies

Elevations change during insertion into drawing

I have imported a survey file.  When I insert the points into the drawing, the elevation changes to something that isn't even recognizable.  When I view the point in the survey tab, the elevation is correct, when I view the point in the prospector tab it is different. What is going on?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: dgc74

@dgc74 wrote:

When I insert the points into the drawing, the elevation changes to something that isn't even recognizable.  When I view the point in the survey tab, the elevation is correct, when I view the point in the prospector tab it is different.

What is meant by unrecognizable? Is the difference consistent if you divide the 2 values for a few random points?

Can you give an example of what the value for point #100 is in Survey tab vs. point #100 in Prospector tab?

Posting some captions of same points for correct and incorrect may help.

Without more information, 2 possibilities that come to mind are:

1. Units in Drawing differ from those in Survey Settings.

2. Point group could have an override for the elevation value.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
dgc74
in reply to: Jay_B

The elevations in the prospector tab are 250m lower than survey tab. The file is a csv file. I didn't make any changes to the coordinate system settings in the metric template.
Message 4 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: dgc74

Verify the Drawing Settings are set to Meters by Rt clicking on dwg name on Settings tab of Toolspace>Units and Zone Drawing Units>Meters
Next verify Toolspace>Settings tab>Rt. click on "Point">Edit Feature Settings>Elevation>Unit>Meters

Do these settings both match?
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 5
dgc74
in reply to: Jay_B

Yes both settings match.  I took a closer look and my Northings and Easting had shifted as well.  If I use the Import points file vs import survey data....the N,E,ELEV do not shift.

I also check the setting for the "survey" under the settings tab and it is metric as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report