Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevation of pipe outside top on profile view

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
janis.prodnieks
729 Views, 5 Replies

Elevation of pipe outside top on profile view

Does anyone know a workaround for getting pipe top elevation in profile view data band? In labels it's possible to perform calculations via expressions. In data bands – not. Inablity to get pipe outside top elevation in profile view leads to dead end in my hunt for smooth workflow.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: janis.prodnieks

One workaround would be to draw a profile along top of the pipe to get the elevations to show in data band.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6
janis.prodnieks
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks for hint, Jay! Far not the coolest possible of way of carrying design out but something better than nothing anyway....

Message 4 of 6

You want the crown elevation + the wall thickness? just use an expression...

Message 5 of 6

Randy, are you suggesting expressions in data bands are enabled in C3D 2014? Because with C3D 2013 or older versions you can't use expressions in data bands.

Message 6 of 6

I apologize.. i never noticed it before. I was going to suggest using a pipe label/expression set to graph view bottom and a negative offset to appear like a band but even those expressions only allow for start and end inverts/obverts.

I use this method for my structure inverts because it will label the direction of the inverts as well and oddly enough, I do the opposite for my pipe labels/dimensions (using a band style with a positive offset). With the label entire network profile command, its usually just as fast if not faster in some conjested profiles.

Sorry to get your hopes up...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report