AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Active Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (78 Views)

Elev Tag: Help

78 Views, 3 Replies
07-27-2004 12:51 PM
I have attached this grade tag that is used by my company (just the way we do it around here) to state the specific elevation to 2 significant digits and the description to a 2-3 letter abbreviation of any point on a surface. For example it would be 74.20/TBC (the TBC stands for "Top Back of Curb"). The real elevation would be somthing like 1,274.40 but we truncate the elevation.

I'm asking you programing gurus out there to help me program this attribute/block to read the elevation from the "Z Position" of the block geometry and apply it to this "ELEV" attribute to only the 4 numeric (2 before decimal and 2 after decimal) digits.

I can handle the description fairly easy but where there are 500 of these grade tags on a retail center plan sheet, I'm going nuts.

Thanks in Advance.
*Laurie Comerford
Message 2 of 4 (78 Views)

Re: Elev Tag: Help

07-27-2004 03:23 PM in reply to: chrisbeers
Hi, Debug.Print "Any text " & Right$(Format ("12345.5678","00.00"),5) & "/TBC " Any text 45.57/TBC -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "chrisbeers" wrote in message news:8337850.1090957890560.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have attached this grade tag that is used by my company (just the way we do it around here) to state the specific elevation to 2 significant digits and the description to a 2-3 letter abbreviation of any point on a surface. For example it would be 74.20/TBC (the TBC stands for "Top Back of Curb"). The real elevation would be somthing like 1,274.40 but we truncate the elevation. > > I'm asking you programing gurus out there to help me program this attribute/block to read the elevation from the "Z Position" of the block geometry and apply it to this "ELEV" attribute to only the 4 numeric (2 before decimal and 2 after decimal) digits. > > I can handle the description fairly easy but where there are 500 of these grade tags on a retail center plan sheet, I'm going nuts. > > Thanks in Advance.
Active Contributor
Message 3 of 4 (78 Views)

07-29-2004 05:51 AM in reply to: chrisbeers
Laurie, teach me how to use this routine.

Thanks.

Beers
*Laurie Comerford
Message 4 of 4 (78 Views)

07-29-2004 12:35 PM in reply to: chrisbeers
Hi Chris, I'm sorry, I cannot even contemplate doing that. I've given you a pointer on how to define the text appearance. To teach you how to use it is an open ended can of worms. Depending on where your current level of knowledge is and your general understanding of programming it might take 2 minutes and it might take 6 months. There is sample code in the help file to do nearly everything you need. Look at the sample program on Point Tables to find out how to get the Point data Look at the normal code in the help files to see how to add Mtext to a drawing. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "chrisbeers" wrote in message news:25890234.1091105549060.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Laurie, teach me how to use this routine. > > Thanks. > > Beers

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs