Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elev Tag: Help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chrisbeers
141 Views, 3 Replies

Elev Tag: Help

I have attached this grade tag that is used by my company (just the way we do it around here) to state the specific elevation to 2 significant digits and the description to a 2-3 letter abbreviation of any point on a surface. For example it would be 74.20/TBC (the TBC stands for "Top Back of Curb"). The real elevation would be somthing like 1,274.40 but we truncate the elevation.

I'm asking you programing gurus out there to help me program this attribute/block to read the elevation from the "Z Position" of the block geometry and apply it to this "ELEV" attribute to only the 4 numeric (2 before decimal and 2 after decimal) digits.

I can handle the description fairly easy but where there are 500 of these grade tags on a retail center plan sheet, I'm going nuts.

Thanks in Advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisbeers

Hi, Debug.Print "Any text " & Right$(Format ("12345.5678","00.00"),5) & "/TBC " Any text 45.57/TBC -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "chrisbeers" wrote in message news:8337850.1090957890560.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have attached this grade tag that is used by my company (just the way we do it around here) to state the specific elevation to 2 significant digits and the description to a 2-3 letter abbreviation of any point on a surface. For example it would be 74.20/TBC (the TBC stands for "Top Back of Curb"). The real elevation would be somthing like 1,274.40 but we truncate the elevation. > > I'm asking you programing gurus out there to help me program this attribute/block to read the elevation from the "Z Position" of the block geometry and apply it to this "ELEV" attribute to only the 4 numeric (2 before decimal and 2 after decimal) digits. > > I can handle the description fairly easy but where there are 500 of these grade tags on a retail center plan sheet, I'm going nuts. > > Thanks in Advance.
Message 3 of 4
chrisbeers

Laurie, teach me how to use this routine.

Thanks.

Beers
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hi Chris, I'm sorry, I cannot even contemplate doing that. I've given you a pointer on how to define the text appearance. To teach you how to use it is an open ended can of worms. Depending on where your current level of knowledge is and your general understanding of programming it might take 2 minutes and it might take 6 months. There is sample code in the help file to do nearly everything you need. Look at the sample program on Point Tables to find out how to get the Point data Look at the normal code in the help files to see how to add Mtext to a drawing. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "chrisbeers" wrote in message news:25890234.1091105549060.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Laurie, teach me how to use this routine. > > Thanks. > > Beers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report