AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Contributor
E_Shaft
Message 1 of 4 (187 Views)
Accepted Solution

Editing Existing Styles

187 Views, 3 Replies
12-20-2012 02:55 PM

I have a set of styles I helped create in 2010, the company I currently work for needs to have new styles added and I would like to use some of the styles I helped create to make my life a bit simpler in this process. I have created an Overall.dwt file using the current styles the company i work for has and I have imported my styles into this dwt. As im renaming these styles for my new company I noticed under the general tab for text style and block style I have text and block styles with my old companies name but i cant seem to find where the blocks or text style is being pulled from so i can edit it with a new name. So my question is where are these styles being saved so i can edit them,  any assistance would be much appreciated

Valued Contributor
C3D_TomR
Message 2 of 4 (186 Views)

Re: Editing Existing Styles

12-20-2012 03:07 PM in reply to: E_Shaft

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking but I suggest running the RENAME command. This will give you access to rename blocks, textstyles, linetypes, etc. in the current drawing.

Contributor
E_Shaft
Message 3 of 4 (162 Views)

12-21-2012 07:23 AM in reply to: C3D_TomR

That was the exact comand i needed to finish this. Thank you very much.

Valued Contributor
C3D_TomR
Message 4 of 4 (157 Views)

12-21-2012 07:31 AM in reply to: E_Shaft

You're welcome. It's one of my favorite commands along with FILTER.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs