Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Drawing Scales

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
DaveM
451 Views, 6 Replies

Editing Drawing Scales

All,

I am working in a drawing that had all archetectual scales. I Need to insert scales like 1"=30' and so on. Usually when i go to this menu i can simply add them, but in this drawing they arent there. I started this drawing using the relitivly blank template ACAD.dwt because i am trying to build a company template and did not want any trash.

How does autocad chooses wich scales to show. In drawing setting it is set to US Survey foot.6-14-2013 2-54-26 PM.png

The link below talks about the issue, but i really do not understand the results.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Scale-List/m-p/3015870/highlight/true#M151812

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: DaveM

Enter -DWGUNITS @ command line (note the dash) and set the drawing units to feet.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
DaveM
in reply to: Jay_B

6-14-2013 3-33-28 PM.pngThe image above shows that it was already set to feet, but i had never heard of that varible, thanks.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Message 4 of 7
Jay_B

Next i would review and set DDUNITS as desired.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 7
Joe-Bouza

This has been a known problem and can be fixed by modifying the registry key. looks like 2013 in your screen grab. I have attached reg edit file for your use. All disclaimers apply to editing registry blah blah blah

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
ToddRogers-WPM

Click the RESET button (shown in your screen shot) and, oddly enough, select Metric.  This will load what you're looking for

Todd Rogers
Message 7 of 7
DaveM
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Thanks, That got it.

I never tried tried the reg edit, but that could be the problem. I asked the IT guy to do a reinstall the otherday to try and get back the layout tools when entering layout tabs, and instead he just erased some stuff in the Registry. It did not fix anything.

Thanks everone involved.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report