Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Command Settings - ExportParcelAnalysis

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mcloughlin
440 Views, 6 Replies

Editing Command Settings - ExportParcelAnalysis

Appending an image showing part of the command settings for the ExportParcelAnalysis command.  We have "Direction" set to 6 in the Precision field, presuming that 6 would produce something like N DD MM SS W, for a northwesterly bearing.  Silly us.  It produces N DD MM SS.SS W instead.

Now we want to change it to (I guess) a Precision setting of 4.  However, the appropriate settings are LOCKED, and no amount of clicking on the various little padlocks in the Command Settings Style form unlocks the pestilential thing so that we can adjust it to the desired level of precision (whole seconds).  How do we unlock it?

Thanks.

Edit Command Settings - ExportParcelAnalysis.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
doni49
in reply to: mcloughlin

What version are you using?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 7
doni49
in reply to: doni49

Toolspace>Settings Tab>Right click the drawing name>Edit Drawing Settings>Ambient Settings Tab>Direction.  It's probably set here and locked.  If it's locked here, children of this setting can't override it.

I just did this and when I went back to where you're trying to edit it, my dialog looked just like yours.

EDIT:  For comparison purposes, I'm using C3D 2012.

DrawingSettings.png

AmbientSettings.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 7
Jeff_M

Or, to further expand on what Don mentions, if either of the parent settings have this locked (Drawing, Parcel Feature) you cannot edit it here.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 7
mcloughlin

Doni 49, I followed your useful sequence and found that in Ambient Settings the Direction Precision setting is set to _4_ and UNLOCKED (see appended image).  Could there be another locked bit somewhere?  

Thanks for the thought, though.  Ambient Settings 04 Apr 2014.jpg

Message 6 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: mcloughlin

@mcloughlin wrote:

Could there be another locked bit somewhere?  

Yes, as I noted in my response.

In Toolspace/Settings r/c the Parcel branch and select Edit Feature Settings

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 7
mcloughlin
in reply to: Jeff_M

Yes, Jeff M, that was the culprit!  Many thanks for your patience.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report