Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Block replaced everything in Model Space

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AAristi
832 Views, 2 Replies

Editing Block replaced everything in Model Space

I was editing a block using Block Editor and I saved the block as well as the drawing (while still within the block editor), then CAD crashed while deleting some splines within the block editor.

I did not worry since I had just saved the block and the drawing, but when I opened the drawing, the contents of the block were in Model Space and had REPLACED everything I had in model space previously.  All my aerials, external references, labels, lines, etc... were gone.  When I zoom to extents it shows that the contents of the block are the only items in model space.  The external references manager shows that the external references that were located in model space before, were "unreferenced".

Is there a way to reverse this?  I need to get all my information back and the Autosave feature had automatically turned itself off (seems to do that quite a lot on Civil3D).

Even my backup has the same problem.

The only good backup I have is from a few weeks ago.

Please help.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: AAristi

C3D2012 I presume? To keep this from happening again:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17302261&linkID=9240698

To get your drawing back, hopefully you are using Win7 and you can use use the PreviousVersions tool in Explorer.

(That's 2 assumptions I've made since you didn't tell us what you are using).

As for the "Autosave feature had automatically turned itself off (seems to do that quite a lot on Civil3D).", I've never, ever, had C3D turn Autosave off.....

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 3
AAristi
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank you very much.

I'm going to install that fix and hope it will never happen again.

In case you (or anyone else who reads this post) are still wondering,

I'm running Windows 7 professional, 64 bit,  8 GB RAM, 8-core.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report