Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit survey points

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mahoneym
883 Views, 7 Replies

Edit survey points

I am new to Civil 3D upgrading from LDD2009.  I am trying to edit some point descriptions brought in through a fieldbook import through my survey database.  Under my survey database in Survey Points I hit EDIT POINTS and it brings up the SURVEY POINTS EDITOR.  My points are listed as white observed points but when I click on the description cell it won't allow me to change anything.  It must be something simple but I can't figure out what the issue is.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
gk
Enthusiast
in reply to: mahoneym

Even if you double click in the description cell ?

Garry

GarryK
Message 3 of 8
AllenJessup

Welcome Mark!

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
Sinc

When you import survey data through the Survey Database, you have to edit the descriptions there (on the Survey Tab in Toolspace).  C3D locks down your survey points.

There's also an option there to "Unlock in Drawing", which might let you edit the points directly in the drawing.

Sinc
Message 5 of 8
mahoneym
in reply to: Sinc

I am trying to edit my descriptions in my Survey Database under the Survey Tab in my Toolspace.  I click on Survey Points-Points-Edit Points which opens my Survey Points Editor.  The editor opens and all my points are listed with white backgrounds.  When I double click on the point in any cell the drawing zooms to the point but does not let me edit anything.

I already have hit Survey Points-Points-Unlock in drawing many times which doesn't seem to do anything.

Mark

Message 6 of 8
gk
Enthusiast

It seems that it depends on which version of C3D you are working with.

I am working with v. 2012 and it allows me to edit the point descriptions from the survey points editor by double clicking in the description cell for the individual points. Sorry...I don't know if you can edit the descriptions in earlier versions.

GarryK
Message 7 of 8
mahoneym
in reply to: gk

I am using Civil 3D 2012 SP1

Message 8 of 8
mahoneym
in reply to: Sinc

I finally realized what was going on.  My Survey Databse was opened as read only, with the red circle next to it.  I had to close the survey database and OPEN FOR EDIT.  Then my points were free to be edited within the SUREVY POINTS EDITOR.

Sorry for the confusion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report