Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit point descriptions for auto linework

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
greenju17
274 Views, 3 Replies

Edit point descriptions for auto linework

Is there a way to edit the point descriptions in the drawing and update my auto linework to match it.  I can edit the point description fine, but my auto linework will not update??

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rl_jackson
in reply to: greenju17

I find that this is easier to accomplish with the text file. And then re-import the the SDB, it also seem to give a little more flexible. But if you edit points descriptions u and also update the linework via the SDB.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
greenju17
in reply to: rl_jackson

Thats what I have been doing, changing the txt file and re-importing.  I tried changing descriptions in the drawing and updating everything in the Survey data base, but nothing changes

Message 4 of 4
n2itive
in reply to: greenju17

Once you've updated the point(s), within the SDB, you can then click the "process linework" which will update your figures.  But make sure when editing a point you are doing so within the SDB, not just the drawing, and saving it.  

Also, if you right click on "Figures" within the SDB you have options to "update figures" and "automatic update".

Infrastructure Design Suite 2014
Civil 3D 2013 sp2
Windows 7 x 64, 16 GB
Intel Xeon @ 2.80 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report