Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Points in Panorama Crashing

53 REPLIES 53
Message 1 of 54
Feckit
2684 Views, 53 Replies

Edit Points in Panorama Crashing

All

I've not seen this posted, apologies if it has, here goes anyway.

When I select 1 point, right click, edit points, I can edit no worries.

When I select multiple points, right click, edit points, select any point, C3D2011 becomes unresponsive.

Strangely this is not always the case and I'm not sure why.  To be honest it's almost as though C3D has to warm up, or is suffering from caffeine deficiency in the morning, because sooner or later I am able to edit multiple points in the Panorama.

I have tried with multiple templates, including the AD ones.  I've also checked points and groups are unlocked as well as the whole audit thing and it still happens.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Feckit

53 REPLIES 53
Message 41 of 54
Maine-iac
in reply to: Maine-iac

It didn't take long. I'm back to locking up again if I don't hit ENTER after changing a value.

Civil 3D 2022.1
Windows 10 x64
HP ZBook 15 G5
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
32 GB RAM
Message 42 of 54
sboon
in reply to: Sinc

It might be a specific version of the driver, or some combination of driver and hardware.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 43 of 54
susanhunter1
in reply to: Feckit

This is an interesting thread.

I also am having the same problems with lockups when editing points in the Panorama. I also get fatal errors sometimes if I delete a cogo point that I don't need.

Who has the time to spend debugging the display driver? I have sent numerous "reports" to Autodesk after my fatal errors; no help there. (I routinely purge & audit my work).

I have found that it helps to open C3D 2011 to Drawing1, close the error reporter, exit and reopen the program. This dumps at least 1 .dwl file. I also actively seek and destroy unused .dwl files from crashes-they can lurk anywhere!

A patch for this problem would surely be welcome. 

Susan H.
Message 44 of 54
punisher
in reply to: susanhunter1

That's a serious understatement ma'am

@susanhunter1 wrote:

A patch for this problem would surely be welcome. 

John Evans
Autodesk Certified Professional

http://designandmotion.net
Message 45 of 54
susanhunter1

Panorama should be as easy to edit as Excel or the tables in ArcMap.

It's so...hesitant.

Susan H.
Message 46 of 54
punisher
in reply to: susanhunter1

Up until 2011 (I think) it has been on of the coolest components in Civil 3D. Now, it's a roadblock.

panorama roulette

John Evans

Message 47 of 54
jbadke

I'm also having this issue with panorama. Another issue that I'm having, and wondering if its not related somehow, is that edits and even simple functions like selecting a single point or series of points in prospector hangs/crashes Civil 3D frequently.

Perhaps fixing the issue with the edit points panorama would fix the issue I'm having with prospector. Either way, both need to be fixed pronto!

Message 48 of 54
Sinc

Hooray!

We just moved up to C3D 2011, and now I'm having this problem, too.  And since C3D 2012 is out, I guess that means it will never be fixed in 2011.

Joy joy joy...  Smiley Sad

Has anyone used 2012 enough to tell if this issue has been fixed there?

Sinc
Message 49 of 54
Jeff_M

I have not yet had this problem in 2012.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 50 of 54
seattlesurvey

Chalk me up as one more frustrated user.  I have JUST started experiencing these Panorama crashes upon editing points.

I have been using C3D2011 since November, but only started seeing these crashes in the last week while working on one drawing (though I have not tried editing points in any other drawing during this time, so I can't say that my problem is drawing-specific).

In the service of information gathering (if anyone is doing such a thing), here are my specifics:

C3D 2011 Version 2, E.116.N.0

Windows 7 Enterprise, SP1

Dell Precision T3400

Intel Core2 Duo, 2.33 GHz

8 GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700

I look forward to a solution as this issue is a significant time sink.

Message 51 of 54
Sinc
in reply to: seattlesurvey

I don't think I've seen this issue since moving up to C3D 2011 Version 3 (a.k.a. Update 2).

Sinc
Message 52 of 54
seattlesurvey

Thank you Sinc.  I reckon we're going to get right on that (I've cc'd our CAD support folks on your reply).  I'll post again if my experiences differ from yours.

Message 53 of 54
geoffpreston

Looks like Update 2 may have fixed this problem. Before installing I opened a drawing that was constantly giving me the Panorama crash, and promptly crashed C3D. After the update I tried editing the same points and didn't have any issues. I've noticed that you no longer get those seemingly random blocks of highlighted points when you first open Panorama. Fingers crossed...

Sinc - Thanks for bringing Update 2 to our attention!

Message 54 of 54
punisher

Lets all hope that this is finally it. What a PITA.

Thanks to everyone for coming up with ideas and workflows to help us all get through the year. Yes, it's been a year.

John Evans

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report