Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Point Elevation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2122 Views, 4 Replies

Edit Point Elevation

I'm trying to edit a point elevation. I right click the point-then Edit Point and in the view list the info on the point is grayed out. I can't edit the point. In Toolspace, Prospector tab, click the Point collection, in the Point View List still can't edit elevation to point. In Point Groups, point can't be edited.
I can edit the fieldbook and re-import the points but I only want to edit a couple of points.
When I exploded the point and then did an Undo the point can then be edited. Is there something I need to check before importing a fieldbook to make the points editable?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Sinc
in reply to: Anonymous

Go to the Survey tab -> Survey Points, find the point, right-click and select "Unlock in drawing".

-- Sinc
http://www.ejsurveying.com
http://www.quux.biz
http://www.sincpac3d.com
Sinc
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Points created from importing an FBK can't ever be edited in the drawing
window. Unless you use sinc's method. However, be advised that when you do
what sinc says those points are no longer managed by the survey datavbase,
rendering it essentially ueless. You can't unlock the points in the drawing
and then push those changes to the database, unless someone has a trick that
I'm unaware of.

To keep the integrity of your database AND the drawing window you have to
edit the points in the survey tab and update the drawing points. Depending
on how those points were created in the FBK it may be a little tough to just
edit elevations in the survey tab.

--
Matt Kolberg
Global CADD Systems
www.gcscorp.ca
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Points derived from the survey information are bound to the observation database. They are only direvatives of the reference survey database. Meaning, your "survey points" values are taken from the survey observation database.

Doing direct editing on survey points information breaks the tie with the observation database thus makes them fixed points. You can no longer perform data reduction on those points.

What's the point of editing survey points information where in fact FBK reflects what really happened on ground during the survey work?

Arnel M. Domag
nth geographics and geometrics
nth_gg@yahoo.com
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
What's the point of editing survey points information where in fact FBK reflects what really happened on ground during the survey work?

It is helpful when you have to increase/decrease elevations when changing from one datum to another.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report