Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Feature Lines

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
dgc74
229 Views, 1 Reply

Edit Feature Lines

I have created a feature line from a survey which will be the inside shld of my new road design.  I have created the feature line using my design elevations but need to add a PI and Elevation at a specific Northing.  When I try to edit I can only seem to find the chainage and elevation but I also need to know the northings and eastings so I know where to insert my PI.  I would like to just edit the table since I can't seem to figure out how to insert the PI. (I am new to C3D and still learning...) My final product will be a road with 2% crossfall and I intend to use offeset and grading features to accomplish my final design.  Any suggestions as to how I make this edit...

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BrianHailey
in reply to: dgc74

Grab the feature line and on the contextual ribbon, toggle on the Edit Elevation tools. Then use the Insert PI command. When it asks you to select the location for the new PI, use the transparent command "Northing Easting" (it's on the Transparent Commands toolbar that, by default, is on the right of the drawing area). You can then type in the northing easting for the new PI.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report