Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EG profile

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lambertb
938 Views, 4 Replies

EG profile

I need to make a profile from my existing ground and then do editing from there. My EG has a million verticies.

Is it possible to make a profile based on a surface, that weeds itself, so that there is only a PI every 25'?

c3d 2012 or 2014

C3D 2022 and 2024
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: lambertb

One method that allows weeding is the "Best Fit Profile".
http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesCUG/GUID-C61468FD-30A3-43DB-A95F-C772D3C...
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
BrianHailey

There's no way to do it automatically. I'm sure someone like Jeff Mishler at www.quuxsoft.com could program something for you pretty quick if it's something you will do a lot (or he might already have something).

HERE is one way to do it. There are other ways and I'm sure some of them are better ways. 

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 5
Jay_B

Another way to create a profile with a PVI every 25' would be to create a report in Reports Manager.

Toolspace>Toolbox>Reports Manager>Profile>Incremental Station Elevation Difference Report

(This is only report I'm seeing that allows to choose XG profiles.)

Rt. click on Incremental Station Elevation Difference Report>Execute>Report settings>uncheck all except regular interval>Station Interval=25>Save Report To>click folder icon and change Saveas type to Excel>Save file.

In Excel delete all columns except  "Station" and "Elevation Existing" and top extra rows.

Copy?paste both columns into notepad. remove all =,m,'  and extra spaces between text.

Format must be st. / elev. in .txt file

00.00 900

25.00 901

50.00 902

Create Design Panel>Profile>Create Profile From File>Import newly created txt file.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 5
fcernst

Run a LaneSuperelevationAOR subassembly (or any SA with a Crown point code) down a corridor using the EG alignment and surface profile as the baseline at a frequency of 25'.

Then execute Create Profile from Feature Line choosing the Crown corridor feature line.

Easy Peasy...like the Aussies say..

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report