Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dubt about codes.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
joantopo
740 Views, 4 Replies

Dubt about codes.

Hi.

How can I get a list of all codes from all stock subassemblies in Civil 3D?

I would like to have a list of all codes in Excel.

I have other dubts about codes like:

Do we have to use the same codes, for example ("Top", "Datum",...) for all the subassemblies?

Is there any rules,specifications or table about this?

I have a realease (Civil 3D 2015) in Spanish and I don´t know if the codes must be in English or Spanish.

Thanks.

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: joantopo

Look to the Subassembly Reference in the Help system of Civil 3D 2015.

Some stock subassemblies, example being LaneSuperElevationAOR, have hardcoded link codes. These cannot be changed. Others, like LinkWidthandSlope, have changeable link codes. The Subassembly Reference will tell you the codes for all stock subassemblies.

Regarding spanish and english, for those codes that are changeable by the user, you can use any language or none. You could use Top or DQGQVSRAV.

You do not have to use the same codes from sub to sub. Any or all codes can be added into the corridor surface definition.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
fcernst
in reply to: joantopo

..Some stock subassemblies, example being LaneSuperElevationAOR, have hardcoded link codes. These cannot be changed. ..

Not true...Please see this link.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Help-with-Assemblies-and-Code-Sets/td-p/49654...

I have changed my LaneAOR ETW to EOP.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 4 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: fcernst

Thanks, Fred. I didn't know about this option.

The possible downside is that if you change Top for one hardcoded subassy, you're changing it for all.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 5
joantopo
in reply to: fcernst

Thank you both.

That thread is very interesting!

In my Civil 3D 2015 in Spanish, I have 2 files:  

C3DStockSubassemblyScripts  and  C3DStockSubassemblyScripts_es-ES

I attach my default C3DStockSubassemblyScripts_es-ES if someone wants to look at it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5n82xv7m3bcujmq/C3DStockSubassemblyScripts_es-ES.rar

I have copied them to Excel.

I think it must be a way to select that file in Civil 3D as a default file to use. Then, instead of modifying  your C3DStockSubassemblyScripts file, you could create a new file.

If I have understood well, if we use a stock subassembly, it saves itself its Index Number, so if we open the drawing in Civil 3D (in Spanish) then it recognizes the code from the Index Number.

I would like to know if we could make the same for customized subassemblies using Index Number too.

Other possibilty for customized subassemblies, is use Input parameters(in SAC) for codes as (string)

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report