Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driveways

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
richie_hodgson
977 Views, 5 Replies

Driveways

Sorry to repeat question, looks like I need to do a seperate side corridor to do driveways, with a transition kerb only in the main corridor. Tie in wings and back of kerb with feature lines and day lights. Is there an easier way?
Richie
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: richie_hodgson

Not exactly sure I understand your question. But why does it have to be a separate corridor?

even if it had to: build it manually; extract to main corr eop FL to targey building the driveways. The driveways could probably be built with a single sub of curb, sw an pave, targeting DW profile, alignment and EOP feature line 

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
richie_hodgson
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Hi Joe

Sorry if the first email was a bit criptic, I have attached what I would like to achieve. I am having a hard time working out the most efficient method for achieving it, I was given a tip to drop the kerb in the areas indicated on the attached but that generated a perpendicular not angular wing shape for me. What I would like to do based on a lip of channel (gutter) alignment and profile is

(1) Assembly for the road and normal footpath.

(2) Assembly for the footapth, driveway and road.

(3) Feature line for the wings and driveway breakover.

(4) Generate corridor region for (1) up untill the wing.

(5) Add corridoor region for (2) tying into wing featureline (3).

(6) New region for return to normal footfath

(7) Drop kerb in the wing sections.

Is this the way to do it?

I should have a bit of a play myself but I just want to know the most efficient method.

Thanks for any help

Richie
Message 4 of 6
Joe-Bouza

You can build that. You may want to look into the conditional sub assemby. Based on say a horisontal target like a pline the corridor can swith the assembly from full road to drop curb with generic links for the apron. Play with the frequency to get the wing transistions. you should be able to do this without any additional FL work.

Another option is the build the whole corridor as full height and manually build dway surface anf paste in

Your Name
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
richie_hodgson
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Hi Joe

Sorry for delay in replying to you, have had quit a lot to deal with..Ok, conditional assembly, need a little more info on this one, I get generic links, however the the grades on the picture I sent you can vary in an urban setting. so I am a little confused as to how the first option would work, hopefully you can send me some screen shots to show me how to achieve all that.

Regards

Richie

Richie
Message 6 of 6
Joe-Bouza

Hi Richie

The conditional assembly can be used for all types of things:

Here I am using a cond assembly to not put the curb and sidewalk in my corridor where my conditionalhorizontaltarget is found. make two layers for the left and the right side and draw polylines on those layers where the driveways are. on one sprig of the assembly you have full curb reveal and sidewalk, and on the other sprig you have a drivewalip curbwith a generic link to front of sidewalk. In the corridor props you tell the cond sub when it fins the polyline on layer left/ right it uses the lip sub and when it doesn't it uses the full reveal. In my case I just wanted the eop, but you could add anything to it

If you log into AU you can look for class recording on it

conditional_assembly.png

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2014/ENG/index.html?url=filesCUG/GUID-B55F15FA-A285-4D5F-B695-B2FEB9A...

Your Name

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report