Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driveway crossing along corridor

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
brian-wlbgroup
6268 Views, 21 Replies

Driveway crossing along corridor

I am using Civil 3D 2012 to design a new paved road to replace an existing dirt road in a semi-rural area.  My typical section (assembly) consists of a 32' superelevated paved roadway with 2' AB shoulder on each side which slopes at 2% from left to right.  Along the left side of the section I have a 4:1 foreslope that extends 4', then a 2' deep trapezoidal channel with 2:1 side slopes.  The section is in cut so the left side of the channel daylights at 2:1 to match into existing ground.  I have successfully created a corridor with this section, but I'm not sure how to model the tie-ins with the several existing driveways than connect to the left side of my roadway.  Each driveway will have a culvert crossing to convey the stormwater.

What I have envisioned is a transtion from the triangular channel to a trapezoidal channel with a 2-4' bottom width (which is based on the width need for the culvert crossing) that occurs 10' upstream from the driveway crossing, which will allow the channel to flow into the culvert under the driveway.  The driveway crossing will have 1 or 2 18" CMPs.  The driveways will tie into the shoulder of the road above the culverts.

Is there a way to model the transition between the triangular and trapezoidal channel sections?  As for the driveway crossing itself, there doesn't appear to be a sub-assembly that fits my needs.  Am I looking at this the right way as far a CAD is concerned or am I completely missing something?  Would modeling the driveway crossings as intersections (which I havn't worked with yet) be a better way to go?  Can culvert crossing be incorporated into intersection design?

I'm new to Civil 3D and have been learing it as I have been working on this design.  My prior experience is with ACAD LandDesktop 2007.  I would appreciate any input on the topic.

Thanks,

Brian Joerger, EIT

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22

SOMEONE SUGGESTED CREATING REGIONS AT STOP/START POINTS. oops

under the gun to finishe this so that is what i will do i guess.

thanks.

Message 22 of 22
ebrisse
in reply to: castled071049

What you describe is what I'm trying to do. I have a corridor with a conditional horizontal subassembly. I would like to just use polylines for the targets. But my corridor is only recognizing the first polyline, and sequential polylines are ignored. I'm using Civil 3D 2011. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report