Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing will not export

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Dwama
1839 Views, 8 Replies

Drawing will not export

Have a large drawing with surfaces, sections, etc that I need to export to Autocad 2004. I cannot export to any format or versions, it just does not create/save. Current dwg is in Civil 3d 10.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
SethHall
in reply to: Dwama

Hi Dwama-

Do you by any chance get the "erase failed (eLockViolation)" error on the command line when exporting to AutoCAD? If so please have a look at this technical solution: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1064067

Hope this helps!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 9
Dwama
in reply to: SethHall

No, goes directly back to command line and appears to have worked but no files are created.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Do you have an x-ref and or data shortcut?  If so, promote data shortcut, export x-ref drawing, repoint drawing to exported drawing (just change the path so your layers don't get messed up) then export drawing.

Make sure all layers are thawed, unlocked.  Points, surfaces etc need too be unlocked.

Message 5 of 9
Dwama
in reply to: Anonymous

Have tried that, still does not work. Did the batch converter - results are:

File conversion has completed.

Error reading file: (File Path)

Message 6 of 9
Jeff_M

Sounds like your paths might be nested too deep and you are hitting the limit for characters in a Path string. IIRC, the path can not be more than ~126 characters.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Do you have feature lines?  If so, explode them.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

What method are you using to attempt this?  Have you tried an e-transmit, a Saveas?  More information is needed and I can recommend some more ways to do this.

Message 9 of 9
Dwama

I have tried all, I am beginning to think there is a system variable that might be causing the problem. I can wblock a portion of the drawing to AutoCAD 10, open that drawing and still cannot export, wblock, etc to 2004. It just will not save to 2004. Went from 10 to 07 to 04 also with no luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report